1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Infrared Saunas- Tips, Recommendations, Discussion, Etc.

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 12, 2024.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

We are looking at getting a single-person home infrared sauna. My wife is battling cancer, and this was one of the health tips that was recommended by the community. The other health benefits were also of interest to both of us.

It does sound like full-spectrum is the way to go, but I am open to any tips, brand and model recommendations, vendors, and other discussions on IR saunas before I pull the trigger and order one.

Razr likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I don't have any input, but hope your wife gets better quick!

3. DrA5

Thank you, after several rounds of chemo, taking Essaic Tea daily, some post-chemo supplementation to help with the cell damage, the most recent blood work, and scans are promising and uplifting in our spirits.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

One of my clients is a chiro who uses light therapy and saunas in his practice, I just forwarded your post to him and will let you know if he comes back with any recommendations.

DrA5 likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I am wondering if given the reasoning behind the op, if your response may have been better kept to yourself?

KneeDragger_c69 and DrA5 like this.
  6. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

IR are a waste of money. You get way better health benefits from a wet sauna.

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I am sorry you missed the point I was trying to make.

KneeDragger_c69 and DrA5 like this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I have had one for years and love it. It hasn't been a waste of money or a joke. It only gets into the 140s, but I will sit in there for 45 minutes a few times a week this time of year.

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

We have a rock/electric heater 6-person sauna. Realistically it's good for 2/3 people. Upgraded heater, and I had to tweak the internal thermostat to let it actually heat up to decent temperatures. Manufacturer send me instructions how to do it. Stock that are crap. We had a spare room in the basement that I waterproofed walls, and ceiling, plus put down tile floor. Pouring water on the stones gets the humidity up high, but everything is still in top shape after about 5 years. Ideally a cold plunge next to a sauna is a way to go.

C
    ostco usually has them at good prices.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
    CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  10. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I go to a place and sauna 2-3x a week. They have a Clearlight that is full-spectrum and will get mid-150s for temp. It also has light therapy which I think is legit.

They also have a Sunlighten which will get mid-130s at best. If that was the only infrared sauna I'd ever used I'd understand why people think they're a joke. I won't go if I can't get in the Clearlight.

DrA5 likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Finally got back to me today. Here’s his message:

DrA5 likes this.
  12. L1MTD

L1MTD Active Member

I’ve had this for years and between me, my wife and my son we use it 4-6 times a week and it’s been fantastic.

Attached Files:

DrA5 likes this.
  13. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Hope you get the info you're looking for. My gf starts chemo this monday, so I feel what you're all going through. Best wishes.

14. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

We got a 4 person infrared sauna from Costco about 12 years ago. Brand is Dynamic, they shipped it to the house and we put it together in about 30 minutes. It does require a dedicated electrical outlet. It’s 4 person, they would have to be 4 small people and they would know each other really well. A single unit might be claustrophobic. The only problem is that it takes a while to heat up, so I installed an electric heater. I use it a couple of times per week in the winter and it helps me feel better and helps drive down my blood pressure. Best of luck for your wife

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

After doing ice baths for over a year now, i ordered the steam sauna from nurecover. Comes with a free plunge basin.
    Might be a reasonably priced option it it doesn’t have to be IR. But from what it sounds like, you are looking for the wavelength effects as well. Good luck

16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Fuck Cancer

KneeDragger_c69, backbone and DrA5 like this.
  17. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

We did a sauna in a customers new home just over a year ago from this company.
    https://almostheaven.com
    Best of luck to your wife on her recovery.

DrA5 likes this.
  18. DrA5

Reach out if you have any questions as you and her go through the process. I know what they are going through is hell, but those of us on the sideline also go through hell and it's good to lean on someone that isn't going through what they did, since it comes across as being lame when we complain to them on how we feel about anything.

BrentA likes this.
  19. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

How do you like it.

to OP hope your wife heals up quickly god bless

DrA5 likes this.