1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is A. Gobert still alive?

Discussion in 'General' started by dylanes21, Mar 7, 2018.

1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

He sounds like Aussie’s version of Ozzy Osborne

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I get it. He's old enough to know better and he pissed everything away. I just hate that people continue make a spectacle out of his failures.

t11ravis likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

A cautionary tail, perhaps ? But I see your point.

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I know a few people like him. Some no longer with us. Gobs of natural sports talent, that couldn't cope with stresses in their lives, and found easy comfort in drugs. It's a hard life to live. and it's tough to have a long one living like that.

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

wow is right!!! god damn! he is worse than i wouldve expected...reminds me of the older brother in the movie "the fighter" - still thinking he can go back to what he was...sad.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I doubt he wants help. :-(
    that ain’t alive.

ungwaha and kevincg like this.
  7. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Hard to belive thats even him.

418 likes this.
  8. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Judge not or ye will be judged

nowayout, tony 340, backbone and 4 others like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I sent that to a friend of mine and he called me in a state of shock. Gobert spent three days at his house near the end of his racing career. He said he wouldn't have recognized him if the video hadn't said it was him.

vizsladog, Razr and ungwaha like this.
  10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying but he's alive. It was his choice to live the way he wanted to. You can cannot hindsight 20/20 the shit either because none of that matters anymore. People can say they could have or should have helped or saved him but who knows that may have not mattered anyway. He chose to live his life how he wanted to and he's still sitting there joking about shit. Maybe he's not full 100% mental stability but he's still here. Please reference the "Hey man, slow down and think" thread.

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, I get it and I’m with ya’ but I sometimes think that what if shit. A simple right turn gone wrong. . .

13. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I was expecting to open that link and read that he finally passed on. Damn, I really wished I didn't watch that. Having lost a family member with that type of personality, natural talent (at anything he wanted to do in life) and lifestyle it makes me very sad. Also, scares me as a parent.

tl1098 likes this.
  14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The guy was on top of the world for a short time. Partied like few have, and now is paying the price. I just hope he remembers the good times.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm not judging. He can live how he choses. I'm just sad that one of the greats has fallen that far.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I tried to get Chip to hire him way back..told him he could send Gobert to live with us here and I'd keep him out of trouble for the season.
    That may have been a tougher job than I thought..

ToofPic and YamahaRick like this.
  17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Right! What are you supposed to do with him to keep out of trouble? Hog tie him and lock him in a bedroom? LOL

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Didn't he hire Alex to ride the Aprilia?

19. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Dude, You should have put a Warning! not a wow,,,Like, don't click if you want your younger admiration's and perceptions destroyed in 3 minutes.
    Never meet your heroes...

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Aaron. Nice dude.