1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverse Oil Filter/Spark Plug Lookup

Discussion in 'General' started by SuddenBraking, Dec 30, 2023.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Hey all - anyone know of a website where you can put in oil filter and/or spark plug makes/models and see what vehicles they apply to? I've got ~15 bike's worth of both filters and plugs, but I'm down to five bikes so am looking to cull any extras.

On a wholly unrelated note, I'm cleaning out my garage and found a set of Woodcraft footpegs NIB that are free to any member who can pick them up (19047 zip code).

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Here’s a crazy idea:

Look up plugs and filters for your five bikes, and anything you have that isn’t in your results, well, you get the idea. ;)

dtalbott and fastedyamaha like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Now that's reverse for ya.

4. SuddenBraking

That's more work than I was wanting to sign up for.

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Post a list of the part numbers up here (maybe in Tech). Folks may know the numbers they normally use.

6. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

A lot of times, if you post the part number in ebay, you will find listings that include applications.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Here you go, then. Minimal effort required.

[​IMG]

dtalbott likes this.
  8. SuddenBraking

Okay, more parts to add to the "free to a good home with local pickup" pile.

CBR300 spark plug (NGK SIMR8A9)
    Two Purolator PL14610s (I believe these were used in a first gen Kawi 650R but then Purolator changed the fitment so they no longer worked for that application)
    Fram PH6017A, was a fit for the first gen Kawi 650
    KN 204 filter (was a fit for a 2014 Triumph Street Triple, should fit Daytonas as well - if so, have some Daytona engine covers that you can have as well)
    Fram PH10575 - no clue
    Fuckton of filters for BMW-era Husqvarnas (were for a 2013 TE511)

I've identified the rest (and are for my current bikes), save for I've got six NGK spark plugs (three of each) that I can't figure out. Part numbers are CR7HSA4549 and CR8E1275.

In hindsight, it wasn't that big of a deal and just took some Googling but I'm feeling pretty lazy today after getting my ass beaten by a tree yesterday trail riding. Here's a pic of the bike before getting washed this morning.

Attached Files:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. SuddenBraking

Great call.

The CR7HSA is for my TTR, so keeping.

The CR8E1275 is for a 2004 WR250 which I no longer own.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

11. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Is that blood on the tank? If so, I guess your ass did get beaten by a tree.

12. SuddenBraking

Yes, and I wasn't lying :p

Halfway fallen branch gashed my neck and missed my jugular by about two inches. Definitely needs stitches but I'm going to continue my run of good decision making and give this two bottle's worth of crazy glue on my neck another day or two to fully stop the bleeding before doing something drastic like seeking medical attention.

JBall likes this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I was going to say that your bike looks pretty clean, until I read that the red stuff is your blood! Good luck, be careful.

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The thing about getting into a right of way argument with a tree, is there are always some ramifications........

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Help out the local dude with a shop and give them to him.

Or just Ebay them for 10 bucks until they sell

16. SuddenBraking

Yeah, there was no need to go the judge's cards for that bout.

Was a clear TKO.

I'd love to give them away to whomever could get use out of them.