1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Brothers Power Tips: Anyone use these?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Dec 29, 2023.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I have a set of Two Brothers pipes on my FJR, and when I start it in the AM to go to work, it’s really, really loud. I want to be a good neighbor, so I was wondering about these. But I wanted to hear firsthand from the all knowing beeb if they really make a noticeable difference. I’ve read reviews that say they do nothing and some that say they’re so good it’s as if Jesus made them himself.
    So what say you? Are they worth it, or should I look for a set of OEM quiet pipes for my FJR?

2. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Friend of mine had TBR slipons on his 2017 FJR. He is anti earplugs and deemed the TBR too loud, so he bought a set of the tips. I couldn't tell much difference when he would leace or return..
    But then Yamaha rolled out the transmission recall and he didn't want to deal with it, so traded for some BMW alphabet bike..
    So he never really got to confirm if they were quieter on the bike or not. But as a neighbor, I didn't notice much, if any, change in tone.

sharkattack likes this.
  3. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

My SV1000 had TBR slipons when I bought it. It was louder than I cared for as a street bike.
    The power tips made a small difference in overall volume and seemed to soften the 'bark'. It was still a bit louder than I wanted so I disassembled the cans and repacked them which made a noticeable difference. I have no idea how long the cans were on the bike, but the packing I found was pretty sparse.

sharkattack likes this.
  4. sharkattack

I’ve got a line on some oem cans; I think that’s the way to go.

5. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I have another brand and they are I'm sure worse than the TBR ones on my FJR. I need to find some OEM ones as well.

6. sharkattack

What do you have on your FJR?

7. beechkingd

It came with some short Delkevic brand ones I believe, the decel burble/pops out of them are awful.

sharkattack likes this.
  8. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

I have a two brothers on my gsxr (came with it) and it is waaaaaay to loud. I ordered the power tip with hopes it will help. If it doesn't quiet it down enough I'll have to buy a new system. Looking at it I understand why ots so loud. Its pretty close to just an open exhaust that exits just off the headers hahaha

sharkattack likes this.
  9. sharkattack

Have you upgraded your FJR’s suspension? If so, what have you done? I’m looking for suggestions for fork and shock upgrades.
    Thanks!

10. Yama-saurus

What year FJR do you have ? I know for the Gen 2 and 3, Traxxion has a spring kit that is spot on. No sure on the other years.
    Shock is Penske, Ohlins, and Wilburs. Prolly some others, but those are the main players.

11. beechkingd

Mine is a 2014 with the electronic suspension. For what it is, I don't see any need to do anything to it, IMO it's about the best touring bike setup I've ridden. The fact that I can adjust the preload and rebound from the handle bars makes long distance riding great. When I ride up north on the crappy roads, I can set everything to soft and not have a headache. The biggest thing I figured out on it is the front tire pressure needs to be really high (40-45psi) on the Pilot roads that I have on it, the bike is so heavy it was squishing the tire and giving it a strange feeling if I kept the front loaded through a corner.

12. Yama-saurus

OK cool. The ES is mega handy with it's adjustment setup system, but limits aftermarket upgrades a bit. Mine is a standard 2013 and it benefitted a ton from just a fresh service. But I do have 102,000+ miles on it.
    Also, not a fan of Yamaha's choice to let just the right fork be the only adjusting fork. May be OK on a R6 or R1, but not on a 620 lb sport / touring bike, IMO. So I've got a set of forks from a Gen 2 on the way, which has adjustments on both left and right fork.
    I learned quickly years ago on my 2007 that the Yami suggest 36 psi front didn't work. Went thru a couple front tires until realized the front psi needed to be at least 40.
    MY experience is my FJR just doesn't like Michelins. 3 sets ( PR3, 4 and 5) and never felt right. And regardless of front PSI of 40 to 42, it always had quite a bit of feathering.
    Switched to B'Stone T31 and latest Pirelli Angel and nery a scallop or feather. Of course, YMMV.

13. sharkattack

I'm at 42/42 on the tires. My favorite tires for the FJR is the Pirelli Angel GT. Mine is a 2008; I do like the adjustability in both legs as mentioned. Also, being non-ES means easier/more options. I ride solo 99% of the time, so I'll get it set up for me with a little extra for when my wife wants to go.

14. Yama-saurus

My FJR is the "us" bike, when my wfe and I go somewhere on a single bike. My daily is a '03 FZ1 and she has her own bike.
    So I have the FJR adjusted for 2 up riding for like 90% of the time. Will occasionally ride it to work solo and all I do is click the rear shock selector from hard to soft and ride.
    40/42 is my prefered psi.

sharkattack likes this.
  15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

2004 with Penske in the rear and Race Tech springs in the front.

sharkattack likes this.