1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Toyota/Lexus Fainbois Here?

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

I just sold my 2003 GS300 with the fantastic bullit proof 2JZ inline 6cyl 3 liter rated at 230hp and great real world torque . I loved the engine and auto/paddle shift Trans combo . The interior fit and finish was very nice at first but really didn't hold up very well and required a lot of attention with the rear and side mirrors and the door locks had their own agenda and the leather wasn't very durable . The car had 125k when I sold it to a coworker and to be honest it was a bit of diva and rarely driven hence the low mileage . Nice vehicles but do require a little more attention than most .

BigBird likes this.
  2. zpooch

zpooch Member

2004 GX with 225k. Zero issues

BigBird and Seiko like this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

RC = coupe (2D)
    GS = sedan (4D)

My interest is with the 4D model. A quick glance at used models see they still pull in a premium. Not good for me. But now to look and see if tuning info is readily available for the motor, and if transmission can handle extra power. I'll also start scanning ads for a good find if one pops up. Time is on my side, as this is a desire, not an immediate need.

Buell1965 likes this.
  5. Buell1965

6. Buell1965

The Lexus group is dialed in and the fit and finish is top notch when purchasing new and the drive trains are remarkable in most cases . I gave 42k in 2003 for my GS and every time I drove it something else in the cabin would go wrong , long story short I tried to pamper it but in the end it was a major headache and repair bills added up to unload . 2JZ and transmission were fantastic but the rest of the car mainly the interior cabin was a " Not ever again" .

7. Venom51

Going on 13 years with the IS-F and not one single thing has broken, rattled or squeaked. Well the amplifier died but that was due to dumbass and not Lexus.

BigBird, borislav and 418 like this.
  8. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

2009 IS250 AWD bought brand new 180k my daily driver, only thing I replaced was one O2 sensor. 2014 Tundra bought brand new 100k no issues. Wife drives 2020 RX350 F Sport bought brand new, love the ride and everything about the car, we took it twice to Florida and once to Georgia no issues (new/er car low milage)... Lexus / Toyota only cars I am buying!

pjdoran, BigBird and 27 like this.
  9. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Always wanted one of those, my next purchase may be IS500!

cpettit likes this.
  10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Absolute ‘YOTA fanboi here. Sadly it’s everything mid-2000’s and older. Toyota nowadays just pisses me off. They need to shitcan the they/them that designed the new little pickup I’ve been longing for!! I miss every HILUX we had in the past. Currently window shopping for a 22re engined pickup for either a garage queen or resto, now that I’ve got a nice real garage and space for another even to sit and be pretty

11. britx303

Somebody here, has a very nice early 90s extended cab 4x4 with around 90K on the clock!! :eek::eek::eek:!!!!! I’ve been eyeing it up to offer to buy it, but I never see which one of “them” owns it. We could just see the odo without looking suspicious :crackup:

12. Waiting on orders to open up on the new GX.

Seiko and BigBird like this.
  13. Buell1965

I use my Z71 chubby for the race trailer and toy hauler/camper but my everyday ride is a 2000 single cab Tacoma with the 2.7 liter 4cyl , and it really is so dang reliable with hand crank windows and nopower nothing , it does have AC though

britx303 likes this.
  14. britx303

As much as I can blah blah blah about 22r/re’s……I had a 2000 2.7 also, but extended cab. Absolute ran like a top. Loved it!! If that damn southern fence would have been up, I’d still have it :mad: I’ll take a 1st or 2nd gen TACO as a garage queen too nowadays:D

Buell1965 likes this.
  15. britx303

Currently rolling ‘03 v6 Tundra and an ‘04 RAV4 that I don’t think my daughter wants to give back……..even though she totaled my 03 granny Camry that had just over 80k :(

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Your stock subwoofers won't compete with the youngsters thumping at the traffic lights :D

17. Venom51

Old man is ok with that...

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My folks bought some Lexus Rx SUV type thing. I drove it a couple times. Fkn hate it. Can never get the seat and steering wheel in a position that's remotely comfy. Bang my knees getting in and out. Dunno who they build them for.

Lexus sedans are nice and though.

19. Venom51

If it's the turbo 4 cylinder RX350 I would agree. I was not impressed.

20. Buell1965

One of my favorite things about the 2000 single cab short bed is its incredibly tight turning radius , the truck feels like it can spin around 360 on its wheels the cons are tiny cabin space and turtle acceleration but it does have decent torque for when I pull my 362 ranger bass boat .