1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2025 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I know Roberts was in consideration for an Aprilia seat at one point, but that ship has sailed. What has he done since to cause anybody to consider him...unless Dorna makes someone take him because they want his passport in MGP? Cam B? Never EVER going to happen. I think Cam probably could have done something, but he doesn't seem to be interested in going back into that circus. Gerloff is talented for sure, and after hearing him on some of those podcasts, I really can see his a decent guy. But he's also shown himself to be somewhat fragile mentally, having a lot of self doubt. The guys in the top class have no doubts they are the best of the best of the best (even when they aren't). There's no room for low self confidence in GP's.

BigBird likes this.
  2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Jake was already in WSBK and it was ugly.

3. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Motogp's "special announcement" this morning is just a formal relaunch of the CryptoData RNF Aprilia team under the new Trackhouse team.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nice, an American MotoGP team finally.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.12.39 AM.png

prm likes this.
  5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

6. Badger911GT3

It's cool that we'll have an American team in Motogp. And for me personally, since I race an Aprilia, it's cool that it'll be on this Italian brand. But if I could choose, I'd rather have an American RIDER in Motogp.

YamahaRick and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

All this is happening so quickly but...it would have come off better if both riders were there.
    Wonder what Raul & Miguel are thinking.

prospected and BigBird like this.
  8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I hope they end up with a major sponsor to properly fund this.

9. Badger911GT3

Which Bitcoin company will it be?

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

Badger911GT3 likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

RNF made it longer than I predicted. They finished the season and instead of financial collapse they were pushed out by a coup. :crackup:

Quaker state supported by Jockey Aprilia? :D

Whatever. We’ll see how long it lasts.

Badger911GT3 likes this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Trackhouse is one of the better funded and sponsored teams, along with having the best media and car designs. I don't think they will have a issue finding sponsors probably multiple sponsors to swap through the year.

BigBird likes this.
  13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Cryptodata is not a crypto/bitcoin type company. They do data security. No idea why they failed as a sponsor, but it wasn’t because they dealt in a bogus business model (at least from what little I can see).

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why’d they fail? It was clown show who didn’t pay it’s vendors and personal.

that’s acceptable in moto2 but not in motogp. :crackup:

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

That’s the ‘what’ not the ‘why’. Why they were a shit show I have no idea. :Poke:

16. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I hope Raul gets a fair shake. That kid was dominating more than Acosta in his rookie Moto2 campaign less the get offs. He was either winning or binning. KTM boned him and Gardner on those shitbox hand me downs. He seemed to really get fast the 2nd half of this year and was rolling, not to mention the impressive test on the new bike last week. Miguel is done.

17. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I mean, he was on a known slow Honda to be fair. I think he has improved since then also. Not saying he would be dominating if he went back on better equipment, but would be closer to the front.

stk0308 and ungwaha like this.
  18. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Jake also had a piece of dog poo CBR. Glad that Trackhouse has real funding to do this and it won't be half assed.

koth442, stk0308 and ungwaha like this.
  19. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Justin Mark's father is one of the original backers of GoPro. Amongst other massive pay days. The NASCAR side is being run properly in terms of commercially but that kid is not hurting for money. With or without sponsors.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hope he unloaded his shares as soon as it went public. That stock performance was a major industrial accident.