1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost keys

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Nov 20, 2023.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So I lost my only key to something expensive last week. 1st time for me in decades to loose a set of keys.

I found this place online https://livelocksmith.com/ols/products that says they can cut keys based on code for lots of different locks...safes, toolboxes, gun safes, old motorcycles, etc.

I will know in a few days if they work or not. Just thought I'd leave this here in case someone else needs to get into or get new keys to something locked.

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I had a bike key made from a blank no codes or anything, a good locksmith is kinda scary.....

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I wasn’t a locksmith by any means, but what I learned in just a few months working at Lowe’s and re-keying locks, yeah. Very simple.

auminer likes this.
  4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Because they know their job? You have history of them breaking into your property?

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

^^

A picture of a key, an old school grinding wheel key cutter machine, and you can get in any Kwikset / Schlage / etc.

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Where are you? My brother is a locksmith in the Columbus area.

He can get you out of a safe too...

BigBird, ChemGuy and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Yup. And people would just drop them off and hand you there keys not even thinking that hey this guy could just make a copy and come rob my house.

90 percent of those locks were so easy. The Schlage's were a bit tougher. I can remember getting almost all the finished and not getting the pin cap on just right and the tumbler would explode like a jack in the box. :D

8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Columbus where? I may need his services.

BigBird likes this.
  9. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Westerville, but he goes all around central Ohio.

10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

He can get into safes? Im right by Mid-Ohio race track.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Blame Hoffman

somebody else on here has to repeat that every time they read Lost Keys…..

iykyk… ;)

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:crackup:

And the first time I went to rekey a Kwikset Smart key the old school way. There must be a hundred microscopic spring loaded piecesparts in there.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

What's really scary about the box store locks is a display box with 4 or 5 locksets are keyed alike. It's great if you have 6 doors you want keyed alike, not so good if shiteaters watch you grab a set, then grab the next one and follow you home.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

My man here trying to do new Ocean's 11

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

More like the Italian Foot Job.....:D

16. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

If it is a car, you can go to most dealers with the vin, proof of ownership, and your ID, and get a new key made. Good luck, it sucks to lose keys. Ski

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Great Tool interlude song...

27 likes this.
  18. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My wife just drove her mom all the way to the Cleveland clinic with no damn key in the car

Her dad removed it on accident. Had to overnight it to her the next day

You'd think the software guys could flash some kind of no key flashing banner on the radio screen

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

usually it flashes on the dash there's no key in the car, should kept the car running lol

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I've lost my keys IN the car...lol.
    Shit...I lost my car in The Keys. :crackup:

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.