1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No reason for that safety car. This was simply a gift for verstappen.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Not as bad as I feared.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  3. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it. Thought it was a pretty good race.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There was much more passing than I imagined there would be, pretty fast circuit. I liked the ride in the Rolls after the race, With the fans screaming, Perez rolls up his window, douche. The first thing out of Max's mouth was his explanation about his bulldozing moves on both MBs. LeClerk is the only normal guy in that scene. Someone needs to teach Max and Sergio how to pick their noses without 40 million people watching.

5. YamahaRick

Do you really think Max gives a damn about anyone's opinion of him?

That is why he is the best.

BigBird and Photo like this.
  6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

For all the mess at the start, the race was fun to watch.

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Boy, Red Bull can do no wrong. Max stuffs George, was never ahead, punts George and causes a collision yet it's George's fault.

cpettit and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The racing wasn't that bad. Too bad about the oil. Heard a driver say it wasn't the first time for that to happen and FIA needs to quit with the classic cars for the driver parade lap.

Lando took a hell of a hit. McLaren said it was a bump in the road that caused it.

I only made it to about lap 20.

One question though. What the hell were the random flashing lights in the grandstands? They looked like someone was putting on a light show to make it look like tons of flashes going off but, to me, it looked fake.

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

George did say it was a blind curve and not a line he'd expect to need to prepare to pass someone. But I haven't seen it yet.

10. YamahaRick

I found the issue with the Vegas F1 event - a woman was in charge.

Nothing like putting DEI as a higher priority over driver safety and customer experience.

DrA5 likes this.
  11. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

For a first time event, other than the first 4 hours, it was very enjoyable. We had a big watch party at our house and everyone stayed interested and thought it was a great race.

Saw some in-car of Lando's crash. He could barely breathe and wasn't able to initially respond to the crew.

For the pre-race though, how could they do the history of Las Vegas and leave out Evel Knievel?

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. DrA5

George has a habit of turning in on people. He must not use his mirrors much.

YamahaRick likes this.
  13. DrA5

"Edit: the night race is awesome. I’d love to see it in September/October for better weather."

The people I know that live there say this week and the week before Christmas are the slowest weeks in Vegas. So, they scheduled this event to fill that void. It would be nice if it was a month earlier, but don't hold your breath.

BigBird and zamboiv like this.
  14. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

They should start it at sundown, around 5 pm, then the track would be warmer.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The way the track has positioned itself to be a light show it has to be at night. Would that $2b sphere even be visible during the day? I do think the flashing and flowing lights were annoying, it's not really marketed to the average F1 fan.

16. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

4:30 is sundown 5 is dark this time of year.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The Sphere is lit and visible during the day.

Razr likes this.
  18. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge conspiracy guy but Max and Redbull appear to have a better deal with FIA than Ferrari or Mercedes ever did. Credibility is starting to wear thin.
    Max is an absolute douche but in a slightly broke car he waxed the field.
    LeClerc and Ferrari could have won but for the gift to Redbull.

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Someone needs to start punting Max and/or not yielding when he pulls those moves. He gets away with it every time...

quikie likes this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its almost like the FIA want Max to win every year, to legitimize the 2021 championship.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
    Chino52405, BigBird and CBRRRRR999 like this.