1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

My money would be on Mr. Spice Girl.

ungwaha, Jed and brex like this.
  2. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Ok So I’m here and will provide real feedback on the event - take it for what it’s worth and my seats are just up from start finish across from Ferrari/ red bull garages.

- Thursday- yes, the employees shifts were over and while some were willing to stay, a decision was made that there wasn’t enough staff and removed everyone at 1:30am. The only people that had stayed were either diehards or Thursday only pass holder

Facilities: once you have a ticket to get in the only thing you pay for is alcohol- and it’s surprisingly no worse in price than any other event. $12 pints, $15-18 cocktails.

Complimentary water and food. And the foods pretty good.

oh jeez - it must be a zoo of people trying to get stuff. Nope - it’s Las Vegas they understand hospitality. Longest I’ve waited for anything is 5 minutes and that’s at peak times.

Getting to the seats is a little cumbersome, but it’s probably because I know the town and my instinct is to go somewhere. If you use the app and look at where you’re supposed to go- it’s really quite simple.

- overall my experience has been positive and being infront of garages since I’ve never been to F1 has been great.

- people want to trash the US getting the race, and it’s Vegas, and it’s gonna be all messed up. The ticket prices are ridiculous I get that, but suspect they’ll be coming down over the years.

Remember, Austin had its share of challenges out of the gate and now people love it. I’ll come back again.

Edit: the night race is awesome. I’d love to see it in September/October for better weather. And oh boy - if they want a crazy gathering do it then. People were really mild mannered.

cBJr, 5axis, YamahaRick and 2 others like this.
  3. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Hanz.

4. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Many of you know Fallon Tucker, she's been with IMSA for a few years and has been working F1 events including Vegas. We've been exchanging texts, she says it's a must see event.

FWIW Sky Sports coverage is very, very good, they have team principals on mic live, good driver interviews and color commentary. Aside from Danica in dire need for a stylist it's perfect. Haven't watched ESPN coverage so I can't compare but I'm sticking with Sky.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

While I don't mind seeing Ferrari get hammered, it was a shitty call. Sainz was unlucky to have hit that exact spot, but someone else would have. It was a track malfunction that caused the damage. Carlos was pretty shitty about the call.

Perez has a nervous look to him, he just can't get anything positive to happen.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

ESPN just rebroadcasts Sky. Has for years ... commercial free too.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Just read on the BBC that it was Mercedes, they're worried about constructors points.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Cool to see and hear James Hinchcliff with the microphone.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

What did you expect? Offering people a $200 t shirt voucher doesn’t come anywhere close to compensating people for an avoidable issue, especially since people were threatened with arrest for trespassing if they didn’t leave the venue…with a ticket in their hands that gave them the right to be there!

418 likes this.
  12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I agree but they have the ability to use their force majeur clause in situations like these.

YamahaRick likes this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

So a classic car just puked all over the track in front of the grid.

14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I lost interest in F1 when they ruined the cars, but this is interesting enough to check out and there’s nothing else to do tonight. This has probably been answered already, but why are they starting at 10pm local time? I’m guessing they don’t care about US ratings anyway, but I can’t imagine many in this country will be tuning in.

15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I enjoy the Marmite ads. :)

16. R1Racer99

Intro by creepy weirdo Jared Leto was odd.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  17. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I'm on the east coast . I don't sleep that well so I don't mind the starting time.Wasn't impressed with the pre show or Donnie Osmond signing the national anthem ,but Im sure it will be a good race.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Because its 7 AM in yurrip so those fags will watch

19. R1Racer99

Ah I was wondering who that was, pretty shitty.

Photo likes this.
  20. R1Racer99

That was my guess, but 6-7 am isn’t a great time to watch either, well for me at least.