1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for home landscape design help....yes, really

Discussion in 'General' started by khill, Nov 1, 2023.

1. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Since the beeb has everything......looking for landscape design help for a strip of yard in the 20011 area code. The area is about 5'x25' and the theme is for a Tudor style house. Needing overall design and plant choice.

Ken
    [email protected]

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Stamped concrete in an old world cobblestone pattern. Who wants to take care of plants:D

3. khill

khill Well-Known Member

You're not wrong.......

4. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I also am looking for a landscape architect, in the NNE Atlanta suburbs near Lake Lanier. Lots of concrete, with a circular driveway and second driveway to the windowed basement garage door. Multiple various retaining walls, with one declining along each property line.

I want this all to be well planned out in advance by a professional, as the space is relatively small space overall. No stamped concrete for me though, in the land of molds and mildews.

5. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Regal Estate: English garden style, with a multi-layer/row hedge of a woody type shrub (boxwood) and a row of roses. Perhaps a creeping ground cover with a soldier course tumbled brick edging. Symmetrical design, possible capped off with two taller evergreen topiary for height dramatization

Modern: Pick a rock that contrasts the house, pops nicely as your ground cover then plant low impact sedums (bright colors) with hits of height which can be done with hydrangea, grasses or other taller type ornamentals.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Drag strip for fiddies.

You’re welcome. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was going to say roses. They can be a fight at first but once you know what you’re doing, cake walk.
    I love tulips and although they are work, they are worth it.

you could go Florida. Some dodge product up on blocks, engine from a ford product over there, cigarette butts and bud light bottle caps in place of grass and the sweet smell of cooking meth all around.

tl1098 likes this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Did no one check the Zip code...it's DC.

So you need a system to keep these guys away

[​IMG]

and these guys

[​IMG]

I vote you use:
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

9. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I already added a rose garden last year across from the spot I’m looking to redo.

re - zip code. Yeah, a turret .50 cal would be better in the front yard. :crackup:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Based on location, I am no help for you Ken, but OaW, Joe Hoyle did the design for my sister in Decatur. He is highly regarded and while $$, very good at design. Here is his firm:
    https://www.landarchitectstudio.com/

PM me if you want copies of his design sheets he did for her.

khill and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shit, missed the zip code the first time through!!!! Thanks Dan. :D

I’d do roses, blackberries and crown of thorn. :D

khill likes this.
  12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Thanks, I will.

13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Ain't no way you can keep those guys dealing powder away. If the most serveilled place in that Zip can't do it...

Banditracer likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

For Sale sign.

tl1098, auminer, Adam.B and 4 others like this.