1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 17 | Chang | Thailand | Oct 27-29

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 23, 2023.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So in essence we had 3 races:
    1. Moto3!!!!
    2. Moto Zzzzzz..... (again)
    3. MotoGP!!!!!

2. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

What a race!

Aside from the front runners, who were amazing, watching how busy MM93 was in that race was incredible. He must have been involved in 40 passes during that race to finish in the top 10, including one where Pecco leaned on him with his shoulder. Wow.

-T

3. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

How the heck are we supposed to wait 2 weeks for the next GP after that show?!

-T

scottn, BigBird and MachineR1 like this.
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

With the elbow to elbow racing/passing, I was definitely anticipating a disaster for one of the top 2 contenders.

5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Great ride from Ramirez. American Racing bike looks good when ridden.

Quicktoy and Circacee like this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Damn what a race.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Imagine if pecco had made that weird outside pass stick… but the other 2 were just too good.

Senna likes this.
  8. Jordan Diggs

Jordan Diggs Lifelong Back Marker

That double outside pass Pecco almost made…..was insane

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yeah, 3 for the price of one.

In one shot he passed Binder, he passed Martin and he passed himself! :D

But it was indeed a pretty WTF moment in the race!....

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

There was some cartoon physics on that outside move. I need to rewatch to see what he really did there.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

His plan was to handle the braking and let Jesus handle the turn. Jesus was busy.

12. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

^^this^^

13. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Phew, I need a cigarette after THAT race!

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I think Bags blew the corner and thought, 'well i'm already here, may as well see how bad I can screw this up.'

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Martin has forced the issue now. They've gotta race for the win from here on out. There's no playing it safe and coasting in from here. Bring on more races like that.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

So why was Davide Tardozzi storming out of the back of the garage?
    That passed that #89 won?
    Ducati bosses are strange dudes or perhaps unique?

cpettit likes this.
  17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Tardozzi is a childish clown and his fellow Duc brass know it. Ciabatti walks around and thanks every Duc staff member and team who run their shit. Dall'igna sits back like the old grandfather shaking his head at his own dumbass team manager's conduct. I wouldn't doubt if he gets a talking to soon.

kirk erlinger and Circacee like this.
  18. Chango

Chango Something clever!

He stormed out to initiate Order 66 on the Pramac team. Just electronic problems. Since they're Ducatis nobody will be suspicious.

kirk erlinger likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

just watched the sprint and race....exciting race for sure. this track is nice and wide, and there's many different lines to take. it's quickly becoming one of my favorite tracks.

20. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Disagree, I think everyone was going very defensive into the last turn, blocking the inside since it is normally one line. Pecco was just trying to take advantage of the slow entry and go around the outside. Almost worked. It wasn’t his speed that pushed him wide, it was the riders on the inside and the lines converging. Good racecraft. At least that was how I saw it in real time, haven’t rewatched it.

Phl218 likes this.