1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Then we best dust off Colin and get a team operating under his tutelage.

5axis, Banditracer and 27 like this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

As far as Kayla, I think there is a sense that she has the chops but agreed that some are taking it a little far, talking abot MotoGP, etc. Lets get her on a SBK (eventually) and then see where she's at before we hail her the next Ben Spies. I think her over excited supporters are doing her a bit of disservice there.

Speaking of has there ever been a woman that has made is to WSBK or MotoGP at any point or time? Even one off ride?

BigBird, Suzuka_joe and koth442 like this.
  3. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Stop by the pit if you get time and say “Howdy”. We’re in spot 9 all season

05Yamabomber likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Colin is too worried about whatever jihad Twitter is telling him is coming to rural Texas to run a team

MotoJames and fastedyamaha like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Top 5 of the names on my list I’d pursue.
    Hairgel and @humblepie are 1 and 2.

6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Will do. Was my first time racing there this month but gonna try and do the season. Was piggybacking off Next Level Cycles in spot 1/2.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Is Rocky’s kid a superstar actor yet? He moved out west for that right?

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap. Been horrible with reaching out to my friends (and I consider one of my best) since the ‘vids.
    I’ll reach out to him now.

Boman Forklift, 418 and 27 like this.
  9. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I think the closest would be Elena getting to ride the Suzuki GP bike at Indy.

koth442, 27 and 418 like this.
  10. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

05Yamabomber likes this.
  11. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

12. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

13. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Having been on the scouting and signing up side of the sport, there are IMO, 5 qualifications that needed to be fulfilled if you want to be at the sharp end. If these 5 can't be adhered to - not going to happen.

1) I am not your friend
    2) Do they have humility
    3) Are they open to receiving feedback
    4) We replicate what the consensus of what the best in the world do
    5) You have to put your reps in

Plenty of examples of in my world where these questions either weren't asked, or not answered honestly and the result was the riders didn't make the sharp end. I have a long podcast coming out on this where I go deep on all these.....

Ken

BigBird, cBJr, motodog650 and 2 others like this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

The Ben is fucking back. I’m so excited for this.

418 and AC1108 like this.
  16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Back in the late 80's early 90's Taru Rinne was reasonably successful in the 125 class, qualifying second in one GP and having a couple of top ten finishes. She was also a multiple Finnish kart champion beating Mikka Hakkainen to the title a couple of times.

cBJr likes this.
  17. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Greg White on Rahal: The rider situation J is basically, it all depends on what is going on with Tytlers Cycles. You saw that Corey Alexander announced he is parting ways. Apparently Tytlers Cycles dosnt know what they are going to do, are they going to stay are they going to go. Cameron Beaubier is under contract, what happens to him, there are other people interested in Cameron. There is Pj Jacobson, what is he going to do? So basically once the owner of Tytlers gets off his butt and makes a decision on what he is going to do, alot of things are going to fall into place.

Hopefully he stays and his team stays but who knows it changes. Its a thing going on that everyone is talking about, I really dont care that I am talking about it, its not a secret.

That decision on what is going on at Tytlers is going to have an effect on who is signed at Rahal.

PS - Stefano was ripping the SBK at Daytona yesterday.

Namarow likes this.
  18. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

isn't it rumored PJ already inked another deal??

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

here is what’s exciting about Rahal… it’s going to be a business for them… not just another money bags coming to play like every other team that’s come and go for decades… remember they’re drivers and riders so hopefully they won’t play the pay a ride bullshit business model that I refused to play and pulled my fortune 50, not 500, partnered team out of the paddock… I hope MA has a decent marketing team now that doesn’t piss off everyone by trying to steal team partners and back door everyone every chance they get…

you guys notice that MA has never had an automotive partner… even with the ultra successful business model from WSBK and MotoGP that Dorna uses? Hell the head of Ford did a two up ride and still nothing more than a one off Honda giveaway like a regional raffle…

it’s about people and while our sport has the best people in the world unfortunately not all of them are and not all of them are racers

A. Barrister and Basura like this.
  20. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Still in Atl. Selling a lot of import right-hand drive Japanese cars