1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Valentino Rossi's VR46 MotoGP team will have a new title sponsor from 2024 with Indonesian lubricants brand Pertamina taking over from Mooney

The team will be officially known as 'Pertamina Enduro VR46 Racing Team'

-crash.net

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No offense but his bringing up Michael Jordan was spot-on. A whole lot of people consider him the GOAT and he was just obsessed with winning, didn't care what bit about having fun. Even gambling, which was supposed to be where he found enjoyment, was just an extension of his obsession with winning. He is a miserable fuck anytime he's not winning. Cut his best friend of his life for objectively criticizing his pathetic management of his basketball franchise. He just cannot stand losing. But there's very little doubt about his GOATness.

3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

People that waited on him in OC, MD during the White Marlin Open reported exactly this. I get being ultra competitive is what fuels GOATness, but dude, your career is decades in the rearview mirror and the rest of this stuff is just that, stuff. Relax and enjoy your billions, bro.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Nigel, I can’t remember, did you throw down any money on my still open bet for next season? Would you like to? $5-10 or more if you like?
    Oh you are back!!!

How about you, any cash to throw down on my bet?
    Ah, why bother? I think you lost the sack and the balls in the divorce. :p:D Or maybe in California, before you left for the Midwest?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
    Bugslayer likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Not all people can lose who they are/were when they get old. I'm going through that same debate of competitiveness right now. It's tough.

Do I be a mid pack to backmarker with my choice of car, or do I try to still get on podiums? And this is on a I'm a nobody level, I can just imagine from someone who's whole life was about winning.

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Nope! Life is good!

Think of another bet I may be interested in. I dont care about how MM will finish just like I dont care about golf or lacrosse.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Read someplace that he can’t turn it off. Playing golf, cards or whatever, it all turns into a need to win.
    When I was younger I was similar (without the goat ability) and a lot of the people I hung with at the time (wouldn’t call them friends) were as well. Golf, mountain biking, grocery shopping, horse shoes, driving from Balt to dc, shit, everything would turn into a competition and I had to win. Some times a game of monopoly or chess would turn into a fist fight. I was finally able to turn it off by just calming the f down and stop caring. But the switch still flips itself even today and I get all psycho having a friendly competition. :D

I think it’s hereditary because my kid has it also.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

See, here's a prime example of the delusional mind of VR46 non believers. Being an uccio is having love for Valentino Rossi and the positive uplifting force he brings to the paddock. Its not about hate for Marc. Its about love of Rossi.

I get it. You guys probably have never had anything to love. You cant relate. Give it a try its a much better place than hate :beer:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I invented the term. You don't decide what it means. :crackup: Come up with your own. :Poke:

Bugslayer and crashman like this.
  10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

So, technically, winning...
    :cool:

Dave Wolfe likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Let’s see who else around here fits that description…

What? @Gorilla George is your kid?

Shenanigans and Robin172 like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

A whole lot of Uccios just started salivating and got raging wood.....

14. Spang308

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

More importantly, he was doing it because he enjoyed it and he's not going to continue if he can't get back to enjoying it, regardless of his total number of championships.

27 and BigBird like this.
  16. Spang308

He's clearly stated racing is his entire life. I'm sure the happiness is found on the top step of the podium and not the gravel trap.
    The good news for him is that top step is a few short months away on a GP23.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have no doubt that it's true. But it's funny to me that people think it's different from Rossi. Let's review the other interests he had during his career: F1, rallying, GT racing… Hmm… That sounds a lot like racing. Nigel's point would be stronger if Rossi put out a rap single or regularly modeled gender-fluid fashion collections.

BigBird likes this.
  18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

This also has all the markings of Marquez finding a serious GF for the first time. That plus the injuries if he's not having fun I think he'll retire for a couple years.

BigBird likes this.
  19. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I think there is a difference though. It seems Rossi loves racing with winning being very close behind. It has always seemed to me that winning was more important than racing for Marc. People evolve though and perhaps looking back at history of a 40+ year old Marc will look differently than it does today.

BigBird likes this.
  20. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”