1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK 2024: Rea replaces Toprak?!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Sep 2, 2023.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

What, that physical fatigue contributes to a decline in cognitive function? And that men naturally require higher intensity activity to reach the same levels of physical fatigue as women, because ya know, literal fucking science proving this fact, primarily due to natural hormonal differences that drive higher muscle density and stamina, cardiovascular performance, and bone density in men? Ya know, the basic biology/physiology of 8th grade level science? Or are you going to try to tell me that you have the same cognitive function after tossing around a 300lb machine at the absolute limit of your capability for 45 minutes and that a 5' 100lb female will be no more exhausted doing that than a 5'6" 150lb male?

Please, if you're going to come on here spouting your retarded woke bullshit, at least try to contribute at least one "fact" to the conversation.

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Holy shit, are people actually arguing against the fact that there are physiological differences between men and women (on average) that give men an advantage during prolonged physical exertion?

If you acknowledge that those differences exist then you also have to acknowledge that they don't disappear when you get to the top examples of physical specimens of each gender.

Are there some women who are more physically capable, yes. Are there some men who are less physically capable, yes.

But when you compare the average male to the average female, you'll see the same differences in physical performance that you'll see when you compare the best male athlete to their best female counterpart...on average.

While bikes aren't football, basketball, track and field, etc...it is still a long, physically taxing experience that the male physiology has evolved better to deal with.

cbush, R1Racer99 and Quicktoy like this.
  3. Quick6RR

Quick6RR Well-Known Member

I think we can all agree that there is an important distinction to be made here. What’s plausible vs what’s possible. Are there freakishly strong women who can match (insert GP rider) in strength and physical endurance, yes, but how plausible is it that said female not only exists but will also find her way onto a motorcycle?

Also, you said we aren’t discussing marathon running or weightlifting, but honestly what’s the difference? Imagine riding a GP bike in a race around COTA for 22 laps in heat of April. Most people, male or female, will not have the physical ability to even finish the race (or probably even make it half distance). Is that not equivalent to an extreme endurance marathon? I think that you’re underestimating just how exhausting it can be to race a motorcycle, because you made the distinction from other sports and realize there is a difference.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

When you're woke, facts don't matter. :D

AJ, Boman Forklift, cbush and 6 others like this.
  5. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

I'd want to know more about her competition before I start talking about her future. I don't recognize a single name in the r7 cup so as far as I know she is beating up on some club racers.

6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Well she is at the front of the pack here, we know this, and the R7 cup is also prob young kids so you dont know their names yet. But kids in spain come out of the womb at birth as a club racer before getting on a motorbike! Im sure the competition is decent. Plus she is learning european tracks and getting more exposure. She is still pretty dang young and I have no doubt that she has the killer/cut-throat instinct to compete with the boys in Moto3.

Young kids are still like a sponge and she needs to stay over there on 2 wheels. Coming back to MA should only be used as offseason practice. I saw her ripping at GNF in 2018 and I knew that young lady was going to be special. She crashed one race and was literally fighting the corner marshal for her bike back. They were tugging back and forth on it. It was funny. Then she stomped off arms crossed. It was super funny but it also set the tone on her mentality about racing.

I want her to succeed! She has a lot of growing up to do still but dang I hope she gets opportunities because she is American and a woman...

Basura likes this.
  7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Anyone who has watched Kayla race can see she is a racer. Clearly talented, but also very determined on the track. How far will she go, who knows? But she needs to race against the best of her peers to find out.

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So assessing me as "woke", because I don't agree with your bullshit must make it so.
    How about comparing a fit 5'6" 150lb male against a fit 5'6" 150lb female who both have the same skill set and experience? That would be a fair comparison. Trying to compare averages is just stupid, since the average person regardless of gender will not be successful on a MotoGP bike. I see that many fields of science have elluded you.

9. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

some of those dudes look to be grown ass adults. i dont think this is like the r3 cup with an age cap of 20.

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's a good job there aren't any women fighter pilots...

scottn likes this.
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I hope you are joking.

[​IMG]

SundaySocial likes this.
  12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

#mansplaining :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

There’s a difference between playing a video game and something physical like racing /s

14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Ha ha. You’re right. Video games at 5, 6, 7, or more Gs is harder.

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Cool, we’ll ignore that men are naturally larger and more physically fit and play your little pretend game. Man and woman, both 5’6” 150lbs. Same skill, same experience. Just as you say. Presumably a comparable training regimen right? Since everything is the same and all. Because under those circumstances, the man is absolutely at an advantage, again due to natural physiology. Especially at the upper end of the genetic potential spectrum where you find pro athletes.

Christ it’s depressing to consider that you’re an “educator.” No way someone could have convinced me that you thinking Stefano Mesa belongs on a factory KRT world superbike wouldn’t even be the dumbest thing you said this week. But here we are. JFC :crackup:

evomach, Skter505 and R1Racer99 like this.
  16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I certainly will support your right to be as wrong as you want, but I am sure I won't lower myself to compete with you at your proven level of ignorance because you have way more experience with it than I have.

17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Not apple to apple comparison. 5'6" 150# man is kid, 5'6" 150" woman is past her prime :)

SundaySocial, redtailracing and 27 like this.
  18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Sounds to me like some of these 'men' haven't ridden a full stint in an endurance road race on anything bigger than a 250, if at all...

AJ likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

20. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Men and women have, on average, different physicalities, that's a fact. And it's also true that on average men are taller, have more muscle mass, are more agressive, and blah blah blah. So what? None of that makes even the slightest bit of difference when talking about specific people doing specific things.

And to suggest that because the average man can lift more weight than the average woman it automatically means that all men will always be stronger than all women, or more to the point, better than all women at motorcycle racing is just plain stupid. As demonstrated. Furthermore, a woman doesn't need to be as strong as a man to race a motorcycle, she only needs to be strong enough to race a motorcycle. So, if it takes a strength level of 11 to do the job than being a 15 isn't an advantage.

Skill, talent, ability, determination, luck, money, opportuniuty are just a few of the thousands of variables that all have to fall into place for any racer to reach even a modest level of success. Can Kayla reach her motorcycle racing goals? I have no idea, but from what I've seen she's at least as good as many in the current WSS paddock (and better than a fair few) when they were her age.

No doubt a 16 year old Spanish boy with the same skills and CV would already be fielding multiple offers from professional teams. But she's American and female so all she can do is keep doing exactly what she has been doing; going fast.
    Oh, and ignoring anyone who says she can't.