1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimmy Buffett has passed

Discussion in 'General' started by 88/532, Sep 2, 2023.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I drove a taxi for a while . Fellow driver {woman} got a gig as a nanny taking care of his daughter Savannah . I used to drive her to his home all the time .
    He was always nice .
    Unfortunately being in Aspen during the 80's , she could not keep her nose clean and lost the job .

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Nah, He knew it was his own damn fault...

ToofPic and motodog650 like this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

R.I.P. dude.Never really liked his music,but Everyone always said he put on one hell of a concert for the old folks. Flying those
    saggy brown titties at half-mast this weekend .

4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I just got a little drunk and listened to "You Had To Be There." I had forgotten how afffing TIGHT the Coral Reefer band was. I'd rate them up there with Booker T & the MGs, the Wrecking Crew, and those Muscle Shoals cats.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

One report says he ided of skin cancer that metastasized.....fu^&*ing irony.

6. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

7. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Saw him and the Coral Reefer Band in the early 70's at Sam Houston Coliseum in a show headlined by Sir Doug Sahm and Jerry Jeff Walker. Vaguely remember some talk about tentatively moving to Austin, which was a thing at that time, but guess it didn't pan out. Always preferred 'Cheeseburger in Paradise' and 'Changes in Latitude' to That Song.

8. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

This Is the album that hooked me back in the 80s, seen him a 12+ times. Hadn't really listened to him in over a decade, spun some of the old records this weekend. Love the early albums!

Phasers on stun.....RIP Jimmy

Once a Wanker.. and motoboy like this.
  9. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

I’ve had “Boat Drinks” on auto repeat in my head since his passing and now Im looking for dates to go to Sandals. We needed a vacation. Thanks for reminding us Mr. Buffett.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Never a fan but sad none the less.
    RIP...

Shenanigans likes this.