1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Ohio MA Again?

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Aug 25, 2023.

1. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Think Granite construction

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

It’s a go. Next year will be awesome.

Would be cool to have a WERA National with a 6-hour Endurance…

Boman Forklift and 5axis like this.
  3. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Hah, I remember that ticket to ride program. Same for me. First track ever. Blackhawk on the new Ninja 600.

4. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

You can't tell the difference between an Arai, a Shoei and a Bell, we're not listening to anything you say...

:D

cav115, Boman Forklift and rd400racer like this.
  5. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well then you should've impregnated the wife sooner. And it's their not there

That person pictured holding that sign earlier in this thread was so right. All these pussy racers complaining about the track surface. Booo hooooo I don't want to ride on any track that isn't baby butt smooth and I can go for the track record in the rain. Wait wait, let me guess, once it's repaved y'all will complain about tire wear then. I been racing there for the last decade and the camber and bumps and seams and sealant and slickness and quirks are part of the mid-Ohio experience. You take those out and all you have is braking and turn in points to think about and it becomes a track for the weak minded. If they're going to repave they should at least put some of those meat grinder Jarez curbs in so y'all still have something to complain about.

:D:Poke:

6. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Gigantic electric extension cords like some mining vehicles have.

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You guys are killing me, all I said is they all fit me fine:D I will say that the guy pitted next to me racing a GSXR750 went out in the early session and said just the dew made the track almost unrideable. We were fortunate to go out after the sun had burned it all off.

cav115 likes this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

When even vintage sidecars are sliding off the track all over the place suggests to me that the surface isn't ideal when there is moisture on it. I tried it a couple of times and decided that the risk far outweighed any reward I got from even being on the track. I grew up racing on wet circuits in the UK, it doesn't bother me too much but Mid Ohio is just too bloody risky in those conditions.

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Got reply that just said, All he has been told is just some more "Repairs" Hes going to try and find out some more for us.

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The larger problem is that if it rains, the weekend is cancelled, WERA has to deal with the credits and everyone is out the travel and fuel money. In general, it's needed to happen for years because multiple entities refuse to race there. The midwest NEEDS that track to be functional.

5axis and cav115 like this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Interesting, I would think they know what they are doing, they are huge in central and n cal. My first diesel pickup, was a green, single cab, 7.3L, ex granite construction beater for $4K. Towed Tyler and I all over the west with the toy hauler. Lol

12. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

I missed that thread, but you are so correct with that comment!!!!

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

14. rwdfun

rwdfun

To be fair they are likely sliding from their own leaking oil it the moisture :D

rd400racer and renegade17 like this.
  15. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

I went to an SVRA vintage car event and talking to a few drivers, they specifically said to me they cant believe bike guys ride there with how slick it is :eek:

16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

How are highways in CA? :)

17. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Car guys are pussies.

dave3593 likes this.
  18. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I would love to see the series return to Mid Ohio. The track is great, very technical, and provides great racing. Also the surrounding area is nice, good food, passionate fans, etc. With fresh asphalt it will be slightly less tricky for the riders but it must be done.

Every year when we'd show up for AMA, the riders would go out for the first practice and come in right away complaining that there was something wrong with the bike, the tires must have 60 psi, etc etc. We'd check everything and send em back out, tell em you just gotta do the laps until the track comes in, and we're not changing the bike all around when you're 5 seconds off the pace. If they really pitched a fit, we'd show em the notes from last year when they said the exact same thing. But my favorite quote was when Martin Cardenas came in and said "It feels like I'm riding on snakes." WTF, never heard that one before, or since!

19. Boman Forklift

Not awesome, but better than Illinois and Texas, the only other two places I’ve lived, in the US.

20. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

People dont drive on the highways in CA. They are used for parking.

Texas is awesomer btw. Where else can you take an interchange bridge between 2 highways and be 140 feet in the air?

https://www.texasmonthly.com/being-texan/the-texanist-tall-overpasses/