1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious philosophical question

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Aug 22, 2023.

1. sdg

sdg *

Well, that is true of a lot of design/engineering.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

A simple question like this reminds us that we know nothing of our existence, just like all the other flora and fauna on our planet.

Dust in the wind.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Fart in the elevator.

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Thats why western mentality sucks. You work your ass off to pay for things you can't afford. Then you make it and work harder to get something bigger. Spent the last 15 years working on yachts, funny thing a guy told me a long time ago is you can have something that they never will, enough

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    CBRRRRR999, motion, gixer1100 and 2 others like this.
  5. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

The utube of the Hoover Institution with Berlinski, Galernter and Meyer touches on this subject and is pretty interesting.

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

"It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had."

omg, i love this

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Glad you liked it.

When I ran across that short story being recommended, it was described as "5 minutes to read but it takes a lifetime to get over!"

Harrison Bergeron is in the same light. I read that story, think to myself "who the hell would want to be the handicapper general?", then look around at todays handicapper general industry, and have my answer.

tophyr likes this.