1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Out Of Florida?

Discussion in 'General' started by Christopher Graybosch, Aug 13, 2023.

1. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

The boy was a motorcycle road racer as well. Ive been to a number of tracks with them

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Planning to move to the keys and would love to pick your brain

rd400racer likes this.
  3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I grew up in Montgomery and enjoyed it but that was pre 2008. We have property just outside of mgm so I’m back there a bit. If the utility is as good as what is said here, you can have a nice life there. Send your kids to the Montgomery academy and they’ll get an education that can get them into an ivy league school if that’s their thing. I’m not sure of current land costs but you should be able to find something and lake Martin is just 45 minutes away. Look into the pike road area. A lot of bang for your buck for a house in mgm

that said, most people graduate and don’t come back which is hurting the town and the mayor and city council are terrible. I have a good friend that just left the city council and he loves mgm but said it’s so bad he had to give up and he moved to Fairhope.

Nashville,Knoxville and Chattanooga would be my next suggestions especially if mountains (hills) are what you are after. I loved living in nashville and would be happy to move back.

Christopher Graybosch likes this.
  4. VR45 Troll

Might be considered a political discussion anyhow so Im opt’ing out before the butthurt.

5. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

After 31 years of living in Phoenix, I just finished building a cabin 2 hours, 10 minutes away at 7,000' elevation

We just had 31 days in a row of 110+ . 9 months out of the year the weather is fantastic!
    IMG_5254.jpg

Banditracer and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. except when the local govt, and their education system, is helping push this stuff (the "you can be whatever sex ya wanna be" stuff). THEN it makes a difference where ya live. you don't see this ideology pushed everywhere. ;)

Christopher Graybosch likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree that is idiotic and I believe many gay people now have extra confusion with that push. I have no clue where it is and isn’t pushed, I know it wasn’t in our kids schools. However we live in a very conservative part of the state.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The paradise of NC gets every bit as hot and humid as FL in summer but without the sea breeze. It's not unusual to ge hotter in central NC than central FL and you get the added benefit of no breeze whatsoever, just stagnant humidity. Last night the low was 78f in central NC and 77f in central FL. Y'all thinking this is some yankee seasonal paradise better do your fkn homework. Summer is no joke in NC baby.

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You are definitely not with the NC chamber of commerce. :crackup:

Banditracer likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Have to remind these carpet baggers this is The South. :D

Banditracer likes this.
  11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep. I've been in Vegas at 115 and it felt better than the Ohio Valley at 90.

12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Bowman and vr45 someone please change your avatar to upside down or something! Its too much work figuring out which one of yers shit I wanna read

MachineR1, ducrcr and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Phoenix City AL is lovely. I suggest everyone from FL move there.

15. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

Prescott (ish) area ?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that he wants to know before he reads it. I can relate.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And Skyline and LaRosas :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll give you 100 is better, maybe even 105...but after 110 it fucking sucks, just in a different way than the valley does.

rd400racer, Boman Forklift and ducrcr like this.
  19. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

hope your stunt liver is ready :D I always think I’d like to live down there but after 3-4 days I’m ready to get out . Especially kw. Love me some islamorada

trussdude and tl1098 like this.
  20. VR45 Troll

Buy a huge older boat from a northern state, get it to the Keys and park it offshore. There are tie-offs for people who live in these areas and the police even patrol those areas offshore. Make sure you have a small boat to go into town. It would give you some time to live there without paying huge rent. Most people don't live on Key West that I spoke with. The commute blows they say.