1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA FAMILY NEEDS HELP!

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Aug 10, 2023.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Hello All

Mark Storck here.

I’m sure you recall last year when WERA racer (#644) Jeff Schuster passed away following an incident at Pitt Race.

To keep it simple, as a result his widow Karen is in some extremely difficult financial straits.

Several friends from the WERA race family and community have started a GOFUNDME to try to help.

I have always known this group to dig deep when it comes to helping each other out, please consider doing so again.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/to-help-...Wwh79Cb0l9szSSO0LXG3O9in56ZT29VXIhFdsjR8UZ1zY

thanks for any consideration
    Mark

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Donated.

Never knew them #WERA

SpeedyE and RRP like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stuck.

BigBird and RRP like this.
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Damn, never knew this...:(

Donated.

RRP likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

done :(

RRP likes this.
  6. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Donated. Sucks that they are in this situation.

RRP likes this.
  7. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Donated.... I hope they reach their goal. Sucks to lose someone. Been hit hard the last 9 months.... lost my grandpa, uncle, my mother in-law and two great friends since Dec.

SpeedyE and RRP like this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Done and shared on Facebook. Thanks for putting this out there Mark! @SirCrashAlot I’m sorry for all your losses. My wife lost both parents within 9 months, this past year, so I know how tough that can be.

SpeedyE, SirCrashAlot and RRP like this.
  9. DesmoAndrew

DesmoAndrew Active Member

Done and thx for letting us know of the need. Jeff was such a kind soul ... I really missed seeing his camper at the usual spot at MidOh this year.

RRP likes this.
  10. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

Done, and I don’t mean to sidetrack this but does anyone suggest a company for term life insurance that covers competition that they could DM me?

11. Contabajo

Contabajo Member

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Get in touch with Brandon - https://www.ridersurance.com/

gapman789 and BigBird like this.
  13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Done, you're a good one Mark.

RRP likes this.
  14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Sent some money, what the fuck is a go fund me tip, a tip for donating money, seriously think the US is off their rocker, will be in Africa for the next 2 months where it is 1/3 world makes more sense than America right now

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree regarding the tipping BS. I used to feel bad putting in zero for a tip, but it has gotten so blatant. I’m surprised the grocery stores, fast food, and target aren’t asking yet.

I refuse to tip at a restaurant that I wait in line to place my order and then I go get my food when they call my name or number.

Just like take out. At the beginning of Covid I would tip on take out because there was no dining in restaurant and I felt bad for the servers, that still came to work, instead of collecting unemployment and making more money sitting at home. But now it’s back to normal, I can’t tip takeout, it feels the same as tipping at Burger King, Target, or Kroger.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll tip takeout at a restaurant that is normally sit down, the servers/bartenders do a lot of the work putting the togo orders together. Not the normal 20% or the like tho, maybe 10% or even just a couple few bucks.

Never at Star$ or the like where the entire business is effectively togo orders.

17. 42K8

42K8 Well-Known Member

They are down to just $2321 for Karen to keep her land. It does not sound like time is on their side. Hopefully a few more people can step up to help out. Sucks for her to be in this position after losing her husband. This place has always impressive at coming through for people when they need it most.

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Hello All - I’ve tried to not post up since initial post, but please consider donating or donating again.

I really appreciate all that have donated so far.

This group always comes through.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

GFM made the $7k mark!

gpz11 likes this.