1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PittRace

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducman851, Aug 8, 2023.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

RVs are by appointment/reservation IIRC. Tent camping is a free for all on the water tower hill and maybe other spots. But RV I think for sure is a reserved spot.

Go to the MotoA website not PittRace for camping options.

MrGooch and gapman789 like this.
  2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

No idea which schedule is correct, but here is a different one. ^^^ one has no Superbike Race 2, this one has two Race 2s. Apparently the same people that design websites also write schedules.
    IMG_0956.jpg

4. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

there are 3 SB races that weekend to make up for only 9 events with SB participation. cant answer the schedule differences

5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Screenshot_20230809-195812.png Correct schedule.

Attached Files:

6. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

I will be there

7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Chicane has been re-did. Thoughts?

B76AC8FA-8828-466B-B550-F8E837651742.jpeg

8. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

I wish there wasn't one.

9. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just my eyes, but it looks tall.

10. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

That kink was one of my favorite parts of the track, though I get that it could be dangerous.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not very at all.

12. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

First half is too aggressive. If they took the exit half and mirrored for the entry it would be great.

Mk4Matt and mpusch like this.
  13. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

After riding it today I agree. I think the curbing was well done (safe to run over) but it's so slow on entry. Seemed like people made through it safely overall.

Not that my opinion matters.

tjnyzf likes this.
  14. DesmoAndrew

DesmoAndrew Active Member

re the Sunday Sprint Races, any word on the riders who fell hard?

5axis likes this.
  15. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

the rider in race 8 is ok. few minor things but will be ok. the others idk.

DesmoAndrew likes this.
  16. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

If the riders in race 9 are confirmed to be "ok" and the involved riders want any footage, I have it.

17. Mk4Matt

Mk4Matt Well-Known Member

little to tight on entry IMO.
    upload_2023-8-14_13-35-44.png

18. rwdfun

rwdfun

I haven’t done a track walk in years as most of the tracks I go to I’ve ridden a fair bit but I would’ve liked to have walked that chicane before riding. I don’t know if PIRC allows it though. I know mid-Ohio doesn’t. Even after riding this weekend I’d still like to. They had plenty of brake markers but turn in I don’t think is from the far left of the track where you might think it should be. I can confirm it’s smooth and not too abrupt though. My first practice session Friday I ran over it more than I made it through.

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

saw fb live vids where Chuck Ivey was walking the track this past weekend at races, others were walking on the track too. i'd ride a bicycle on track to view it, but i'm too old to walk that far. LOL

tawzx12r likes this.
  20. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

The rider who was airlifted from race 9 is a friend of mine. I have been talking with him since he has been awake and seems to be in good spirits. He was actually chatting away in our little group chat from 1am Monday morning and he kind of hasn't stopped. lol The extent of his injuries are his business to share, not mine.

However, I would really like to thank @Mongo and his staff for being very compassionate and understanding of our situation. He relayed all the information he was prolly allowed to give and coordinated a way to make sure we could get some ID/Wallet/Phone to the racer ASAP.

I would also really like to thank Mark Merical for everything that he does. His presence in the paddock is so appreciated. After the events from 2022, he could very much understand our worry when we started hearing the MediVac chopper circle in for landing. His quick yet positive chat with us for 5-7 minutes was very helpful, and calmed our nerves greatly.

The rest of us had a quick chat and decided to grid up for the rest of our races. (we all race the big bikes) We know that's what our pal on the chopper would do and that's what he'd want us to do. Unfortunately another one of us took a hard hit coming out of T5 in the Formula1 race, and needed to go to the hospital.. After that I did not re-grid and the rest of our group felt the same.. We all had our own trailers to pack up, plus 2 more... :(..

I would also like to thank PITT staff for being very clear on what we could do with our Medivac'd friend's truck and trailer to keep it safe until we could coordinate a way to get it home safely.

Also, thank you to all our fellow competitors who came to check on us and to help pack everyone's stuff up. It was greatly appreciated. I hope to never have to anything like that again.

Racing motorcycles is still the god damn best thing I've ever done.