WTB 2nd gen SV650 fairing stay

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by marosky998, Aug 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. marosky998

marosky998 Member

Howdy, looking for a SV650 fairing stay the Vortex on mine is on its last leg and seems like R&R racing out of Illinois with a $100 unit is out of business. I've seen the Robem and Ghetto Customs stays but being a cheap bastard, figured asking here may find an alternative.

jasonhise likes this.
  2. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

Want an OEM one or just aftermarket? I have a nice 2nd Gen OEM one. 24467 is my zip code. How's $35 plus shipping sound?

3. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Now that is a great price!

jasonhise likes this.
  4. marosky998

marosky998 Member

I'd prefer an aftermarket and that is a fantastic price

jasonhise likes this.
  5. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Is the Vortex you have look repairable? I’ve rewelded and fixed many of these over the years. I’d you’re at any southeast events we could link up.

I have one that I’ll be making soon, altho pricing would probably be in the $140 range. That being said, I’ll have at least one preproduction unit that I’d sell cheaper since it has a minor fitment issue (stock SV master cylinder rubs/hits the dash at full lock). If time isn’t an issue it could be an option? Once I can make a few I’ll not need this one anymore.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Tas and No Brakes like this.
  6. marosky998

marosky998 Member

I've brazed the one arm in place, adding a piece of an old golf club to hold it in place. It works , but busted last weekend.
    I'm in the northeast, . I like the design of yours , simple and looks a lot more abuse tolerant. And would be interested in it once you get into production.

Love the way track/racers come up with simple to problems