1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CamP out rest of season

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn Rocco's face said it all when he was in the background during T. Scott's interview. Scoffing and pouting. LOL

Wheel Bearing, R1Racer99 and Quicktoy like this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It was amazing you could see the pout too under the gold sunglasses. I thought he rode amazing in both races and his interview the first day just makes me never want to cheer for him. He was so mad at himself that Josh Hayes could beat him.

3. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Seems like his attitude prevents him from getting the call…….unfortunate if this is the case because he’s got so much talent.

Quicktoy and Circacee like this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

Stanbloi explained why Rocco didn't get the call. Mutiple reasons.

Putting JD on the bike is cool but I would think Attack would get more out of Hayes as far as feedback and bike development so that's a werid decision in my book.

5. Quicktoy

Hayes came on the Wera board and told us that the next round is 3 SBK races it was too much with SS.

TurboBlew, 418, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

What were the reasons?

7. Quicktoy

He probably watched his interview after race 1.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  8. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Said he was a bit of a "wild child". Said he was awful in the rain. He's not 18, therefore ineligible for Superbike.

Also said he dosen't pick the riders, Yamaha does. Yamaha prefers Yamaha riders (rocco is on an Aprilla currently) and past champions.

9. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Name me one young up-and-comer who is faster than Josh Hayes. Cause if I'm the team manager I'm putting the fastest available guy on my bike.

Quicktoy, Once a Wanker.. and 418 like this.
  10. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Riding a SB is magnitudes harder than anything else and being fast is only one part of the equation. Understanding what the bike does well, understanding what the bike is not doing well, being able to communicate and provide appropriate feedback, being adjustable with your technique, working with and trusting the team as well as having the physical and mental fortitude to work the process - are just a few things that being fast can't make up.

This is why a JH4 (or JD95) are so good, they have the reps with all of it and why a Rocco would need literally years of development.

Ken

11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Brandon Paasch has beaten Josh head-to-head in the Daytona 200 and most recently in the Loudon Classic, albeit not superbikes. He was mighty close to Josh's best lap time at Brainerd. No disrespect to Josh, he's an icon and one of the best of all time and it was great to see him wrestle the R1 around.

Is Brandon faster today? Probably not, although he's not very far back. Will he be next year? Only time will tell, but I'd bet on the kid because he will get faster on the bike as he figures it out. And he has a far better chance of eventually advancing to world level than any past AMA champion that fills in for Peterson.

moto316 and R1Racer99 like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What are they gonna do? Serve him with an injunction to race or else be held in contempt of court? :D

The Great One, 418 and Knarf Legna like this.
  13. Knarf Legna

True. But Rocco won Junior Cup at 14 in 2019. He was 18 this year in February.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
  14. Knarf Legna

And then there's Rocco.

15. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Isn't that what you want in a young guy that desires to be great? People in any sport/occupation who are GREAT, typically hate to lose. And when they do, it drives them to be better.

There are some outliers who are great and also really friendly and easy going. But I'd bet that 9/10 greats aren't remembered for being easy going after a loss.

16. Quicktoy

I want hunger but I don’t want to hear him act like he couldn’t believe that he didn’t get first and he didn’t know how that was possible. Did you watch the interview? I was cringing.

Circacee likes this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

Somebody during the podcast said he doesn't turn 18 until December.

I think the fact that he's riding for Aprilia in twins cup makes it an automated disqualifier considering how much effort Yamaha is putting into competing in that championship.

18. Knarf Legna

They are wrong.

Rocco's been on an R6 quite a while, I don't see how that's forgotten.

MrGooch and 418 like this.
  19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

No, I only watched the races. I only watch the interviews every now and then. I'm gonna go watch it to see how bad it was.

I get what guys are saying about his interviews though. I just think that stuff can be coached up. Hell, have someone stand next to the interviewer off camera to send him a signal to pivot back to thanking sponsors if he starts going off the rails. But you can't coach up a slow guy to become one of the fastest dudes in the nation, nah I'm sayin [Scotty P voice]

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm not a racer, just a corner worker, but I have to say that
    I saw a lot of fast and talented young racers come through
    that never made it to the big leagues for a number of reasons.

As Mr. Hill said, there is way more to the success equation than
    raw talent. Youth and inexperience can work against them as much
    as youthful talent can work for them.

One factor that comes to mind is that that fast kid with great
    reflexes and an unbroken body and the willingness to take chances
    may have never dealt with a bad crash and when they finally
    have "the big one" it may be enough to destroy their focus and self-assuredness.
    Kids can be boundlessly optimistic and sure of themselves but having
    never failed or lost, they may not have the mental resources to recover
    when real adversity raises its ugly head.
    Another is that at some point racing for fun becomes racing as a job
    and working is very different from playing.

I would bet that the best coaches are the ones who can get a rider past
    his/her mental roadblocks and not just teaching racing techniques.