1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have a spare $116,000 I could borrow?

Discussion in 'General' started by IrocRob, Nov 3, 2021.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You missed a big pro and I have no idea why you are calling 2 things cons.

Additional Pro:
    Shit tons of horsepower with torque to go along with it so it would not require Alien level reflexes and throttle control to ride it.

Questionable cons:
    #3 Poor fuel economy
    #4 High Emissions
    Seriously, who goes to the race track giving a single fuck about either one of those?

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I bet my stupid ass new truck that this bike would do 200+ on the back straight of RA.

baconologist likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It never ceases to amaze me how the Brits can be so passionate about motorcycles (and motorsport in general) in a country where it rains so fucking much. They couldn't even get footage of the bike on a dry track for the promo video lol. It kinda reminds me of the Top Gear car tests on a "mildly moist" track where the car was hydroplaning like a mofo haha

dave3593, Phl218, 418 and 3 others like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was making myself laugh with my post. The absurdity of someone asking "me" for a loan of $116,000 made my sense of humor start working. What's funnier then that? Multiple people asking for $116,000.

Then I just rolled with the absurdity and making myself pop. :crackup:

and no, I won't loan you $116,000, $116, $16 or $0.16. :

5. Critter

Critter Registered

You could ask Tim Calhoun he is good at laundering money and has some stashed away from investors he screwed

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Average annual rainfall London, UK 27 inches.

Average annual rainfall London, Kentucky (1 1/2 hours from where I live) 48 inches.

:Poke::D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but London UK spreads it out over 340-350 days a year :D

Phl218 and stk0308 like this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

But London KY aint on the 51st parallel like London UK is. Know what else is on the same parallel? Calgary, Alberta Canada & Newfoundland island. Both places are know for their motorcycle friendly warm, sunny days.....:rolleyes:

:D

9. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Cortez' cousin Juan.........in Rosarito.........sounds legit.........what could go wrong?

My house has no mortgage on it. Loan me enough and I 'll buy two. You're gonna have to reduce the rate though, Juan made me a better offer.

Hey, at $0.05 a pop it's only 2,320,000.......things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmm":crackup:

10. mattys281-2

mattys281-2 Well-Known Member

holy crap! That exhaust pipe dam near went yellow! That’s som HOT stuff!

BigBird likes this.
  11. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

The question was why we're not all riding them, not why we're not all racing them. Question answered.

And the 'shit tons of horsepower' has more to do with Brian Crighton than any inherit wonderfulness of the Wankel layout. Or Yamaha would be selling/racing one, instead of just doing a one-off show special in 1972.

Edit: Oh, and they can be balanced to be almost vibrationless, so that is another pro.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

When I shared the link to a very knowledgeable friend, he said this bike is still behind making MotoGP type HP, as they are now near/over 300.

Regardless, still a badass steed.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Badass. If I win the lottery, Imma buy two.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

10-15 and Steeltoe like this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I guess the neg is fuel consumption and blowing smoke? Looks like a nice little package. Needs a better looking frame IMHO. I'm more interested in the two stroke motor kit for the R6 frame. Wonder when those peeps are gonna be ready with that.

dave3593 likes this.
  17. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Wow. Thats very cool.

I’d like to mention ‘eff electric motorcycles, electric bicycles and electric cars and I forgot and electric lawnmowers too.

18. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

There is a YT video of Guy Martin riding this thing at one of the UK tracks. May have been a prototype. No ABS, TC, QS/Blipper. The thing sounded like an old school F1 car when he was wicking it. Bad as and it impressed the hell out of Guy.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

if i could do 183 on a 1:40 lap with a 2012 duc, this thing will do 200 easy. Probably even in my hands

20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Only thing I'd be pro electric about is having an electric Zuma 125 equilevent. I love my 125, but for what I need/use it for (race weekends), I'd love to have a totally silent pit bike. One less thing to worry about fuel stabilizer, oil changes...