1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Office chair recommendation

Discussion in 'General' started by GRH, Jul 26, 2023.

1. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I recently changed jobs where if I'm not traveling I'm working from home. Up to this point I've always gone into some type of facility or office for my job and just used the employer provided chair. My home office is ok but need a better office chair than what I have. Before I pull the trigger on one I've researched does anyone in a similar work situation have a chair they really like and recommend?
    The one I'm looking at is this
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R64HK86/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2XIRMRIV061LC&th=1
    Thanks

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Jeez both those look like the chairs they strap you in before turning the juice on.

418, dtalbott and Sabre699 like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I just rolled my office chair out of the building with my box-o-crap on it and told the security guard as I rolled by "oh, this is mine"

7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

9. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I've been using a Herman Miller Aeron for over 15 years. The entire office has them.

Can usualy buy used fro $350+/-

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. Tristan

What really makes all the difference is spending the absolute minimum time in your office chair...

gixer1100 likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

I see alot of new office space build outs... many of the companies expanding are using those "height adjustable desks" for cubicles.

12. Tristan

That was a big trend at the office before we left. The people that opted for one were always the same ones who had 3 giant monitors to do the same shit I did with one.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I have been working from home for years. Bought many chairs. I dont like to spend alot on them but at the same time spending 8-12 hours a day in it I need it to support my ass. Literally.
    I bought this chair about 6 months ago, and have been very happy with it. Cushion is very supportive of the rear. I am 190lbs give or take.

https://a.co/d/4c5PMVf

Bruce likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

I was messing around with one of the desks and got it up almost as high as the top of the cubicle wall... then the fella running the project flipped up some privacy screens from the walls.
    All of the management offices looked like fish bowls with floor to ceiling glass and a barn door.

15. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

16. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Aeron. My wife bought one from the company she worked at when the place crashed in 2001. I laid claim to it in 2006 when I started working from home. I had to replace the hydraulic cylinder this year. Otherwise it looks the same as the day she brought it home.

She changed jobs a year ago and we had to build her a full office in her art studio. She wanted her Aeron back but we learned it was too big for her. Turns out she needed a size A chair, which I got from a used office supply place for $300. She also went with the adjustable stand / sit desk and loves it. Current job requires her to go in three days a week and she hates her office set up there.

17. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

18. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Mine has a textile seat, and was cheaper. Hmm, I wonder if they still sell that version.

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Steelcase Leap. Best chair I ever had and I made sure my WFH employees bought the same instead of a big box chair. Commercial office furniture and built like a tank for 8hrs at a time. Or something from Herman Miller would probably be good. Don't skimp on a chair. Pic is representative. Mine was black.

https://www.steelcase.com/products/office-chairs/leap/

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Herman miller size "C" for me. Bought it used/rebuilt from Craiglists. (local guy up here rebuilds them)

Parts are easy/cheapish to find and keep it going.