1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR600 Fairing Stay Compatibility

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Kyle Brosius, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

We had a pretty good wreck in turn 1 at Roebling that trashed the race fairing stay. It seems the only 06-10 GSXR600 race fairing stay I can find is 6 weeks out. We need one for the Pittsburgh round in a few weeks. There are a ton of 11+ fairing stays in stock.

Will an 11+ race fairing stay fit an 09?

2. OutOfSpec

OutOfSpec eccentric thousandaire

To answer your question: no idea.

To solve your problem: if you just need something, will an OEM(ish) one do in a pinch? Looks like OE replacement aluminum ones can be had for like $30-40 on Amazon/eBay.

Alternate solution: If you end up exhausting other options and absolutely gotta have a race stay, I've got an 08 GSXR600 with Vortex race fairing bracket on it. I'm fine to cannibalize that bike if you want to pay for shipping that stay to you, I'm fine to wait on backorder if you want to cover cost to replace mine. Not saying it's a practical solution, but it is a solution if nothing else works for you...

3. Kyle Brosius

I appreciate it! I have a bike I can steal one off of as well if it comes to that. We have a handful of the stock ones but they shatter like glass in the slightest off.

There is only one company I can get them from anymore and they have to be shipped from overseas. As these bikes age I expect this company will stop making them as well so it’s just going to be an ongoing problem.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Correct me if I'm wrong but is the frame the same since '06? I vaguely remember the bodywork being interchangeable on the '08+ by changing the ram air tubes.

5. Kyle Brosius

The frames from 06-10 are the same for the most part. The 06/07 swingarms are a bit different, the subframes are different. The 11+ frames are different but I believe still have the same mounting pattern for the fairing stay. I’m mostly concerned about the 06-10 tach fitting the 11+ fairing stay.

if it doesn’t I wonder if an 11+ tach plugs into the 06-10 harness- a quick Google search revealed the plugs on the back of the tachs are different

Steeltoe likes this.