1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Morbidelli, Nakagami, Pol E, and DiGi need to go away.

Bring up some new guys to replace them.

SGVRider, PPPope and ShadowBoxer like this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I would like to see Morbidelli on something other than the Yamaha. That thing couldn't podium in Clubman.

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen a clubman reference for ages… thanks for the giggle :crackup:

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'd trade out Morbidelli for Big Marquez or Raul Fernandez but otherwise agree

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'd hate to see Frankie leave the GP paddock. I think he's still got speed, and belongs there. I don't think you'll draw anyone better from the lower classes (Pedro excluded). Get Frankie off the Yammy in onto a VR46 Duc, and we'll see him shine again. I have no doubt about that.

stk0308, SGVRider, Skter505 and 4 others like this.
  6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

"Filip Salac has been officially confirmed to move to the Marc VDS squad for 2024 replacing the WorldSBK bound Sam Lowes"

8. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Is Fil at the sharp end this year or bringing sponsor dollars for the ride?

9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Paddock Pass pod thought Rins to Yamaha was looking likely. Zarco to Honda, Bezecchi to Pramac, Morbidelli to VR46.

MachineR1 likes this.
  10. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

He’s currently is 6th in the standings so he’s faster than about 20 other riders, so I would say he deserves a top ride.

11. MachineR1

I like it, except for the Morbidelli move. That dude should be selling gelato at the Mugello round.

It's a shame Zarco just can't find that little bit extra to win. He's had some great rides.

If Rins goes to Yamaha and wins... Would he be the first MotoGP rider to win on 3 makes?

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Did Lorentho pull off a win on the Hondturd? I know he managed one or two on the Duc.

13. MachineR1

not even a podium.

14. matt2491

matt2491 Well-Known Member

Not even a top 10.

MachineR1 likes this.
  15. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I agree, Morbidelli is on one of the weaker bikes.

Not sure that he has “underachieved” any more than the factory Aprilia riders. No one seems eager to replace either of them.

16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Woof I had to check, didnt think it was true, but you are right!
    upload_2023-7-20_7-34-24.png

I either want to see Morbidelli on a Ducati, I think he has the speed to be up front.
    or a move to WSBK on a competitive bike.

cpettit likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Supposedly Mir is trying to get on a Ducati. Bezz to Pramac and Mir to Gresini if it works out.

this is getting hotter KTM and Red Bull trying to get 2 seats at LCR for MM93 and Pedro Acosta.....stay tuned

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

KTM going with lcr for Acosta and Marc on a Husqvarna would be amazing and I hope it happens.
    Mir to Gresini makes sense also. Not sure why bezz goes to pramac though.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Pramac will have access to the new bike

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Gotcha I was under the impression they had the new bikes but it looks like they opted for the 22 for this year