1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jan 18th sign up-2023 Loudon classic $250k payout

Discussion in 'General' started by tech1234, Jan 13, 2023.

1. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

As a slow nobody that’s turned some rain laps there, the big pay day tipped the scales too much.
    Rock and hard place for everyone.

2. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

The Track was hot until after 8pm the night before with daylight finally starting the fade and they called the race at like 530 pm... plenty of time left

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Yea it was like perfect rain race conditions, just enough light rain to keep the track consistently wet without causing major pooling or rivers across the track.

CR750 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

No, the hard cut off time is 8:00. They had planned to have qualifying go into the late hours.
    As for Saturday, they probably wanted to end by 5:00. I work for USCRA, and after 5:00 you pay overtime for ambulances.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  5. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

I was working tech, Josh Hayes ran in asking where he needed to go to get a wristband to get out on the hot pit. I was thinking uhhh... Don't they know who you are??? :crackup:

Quicktoy and 418 like this.
  6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I've watched the up to the 3rd, I think, red flag. Now I have to go see if they have the rest of the race posted up.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lmfao. Seriously.

8. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

It is what it is... I feel bad for pretty much everyone involved. Anything that could go wrong did. :(

CR750 likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

From a insurance perspective it doesn't matter who it was

Robin172 likes this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Pridmore wasn't very impressed on his and Greg's podcast. :crackup:

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I was headed to Safety Services and Shane Narbonne hitched a ride from me. Security wouldn't let him drive through the tunnel.

12. mg15

mg15 Member

Mladin was a knob. I had the pleasure of shushing him twice at the AMA riders meeting at the last national at Loudon. He was so pissed he turned purple, so I did it a second time. He wasn’t treated well by the locals!
    I’ve been away from the Loudon series for a good many years and have been considering making the investment/effort in coming back a few rounds per season. My observation that a red flag will be thrown as soon as a bike hits the deck gives me pause. It happened in a majority of the Friday club races also. After red flags were thrown in the first three races, the laps were cut from 8 to 5. In looking at the results for Sunday’s races, they were 5 laps also. I’m sure a few red flags were warranted. A few per weekend used to happen 20 years ago, when there were 2x-3x the number of riders racing. I’m absolutely a believer in track safety, but throwing them instantly on the first lap is too much. It’s seems as if there is a mandate in place, not a criteria for assessing each discreet incident.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Twenty years ago it was a completely different crew there.
    We didn't throw reds unless there was no choice.
    Things have changed.

14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

What is "slushing?"

15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

He said shushing, aka quiet, zip it, enough already, shut the fuck up…

16. mg15

mg15 Member

Exactly

17. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member