1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has a chopper? Britt still here? I want a chopper.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Umbrella girl #1

Umbrella girl #1 Well-Known Member

I don’t have a chopper but I have a really nice rail buggy for sale!!!

2. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Funny, haven’t thought about that place in years. The best in East Bay back in the day!

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bruh :cool:

4. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I carry several Pratt PT6 engines and a few Lycoming T53-703 engines. I have some new seats for a 212

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yikes! I don't think I'm ready for that level of "Bad Ass Machine".

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Well shit man...figure it out. Lol...

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That is a CB500 or 550.

9. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I thought I wanted a chopper too so I got a Yamaha Raider with some mild work done to it to get my toes wet so to say. It’s 1900cc and is about as fast as a 600 up until 100mph and does rolling burnouts in first gear. It takes quite a bad ass Harley to hang with it. It does suck going around turns though it drags pegs and frame before you can scrub the chicken strips off of the 240 rear tire.

All of that said I’m going to sell it, it’s just not my thing. I can’t seem to find the perfect street bike. I ride my grom more than anything else on the street. Been thinking about an RC51 but I think I’ll just get in trouble with it. I wish Harley would put an 883 engine in a grom sized bike with ape hangers. I’d buy one tomorrow lol
    864C1DB7-BE9D-4182-8B92-4E8B7F208C20.jpeg

10. Sabre699

And there's your next project. :D

dave3593 likes this.
  11. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

I've owned two 22's. then got married and sold everything i had to do with helicopters and totally miss it. Now that my name is counting down on the list for another hangar space, i have been looking for another chopper! i bet there are some cool things at a heli auction.

Wingnut likes this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I bought a Stratoliner today. After my Road King blew up last summer I said I'm done with any kind of cruiser bike. But I kind of missed the mellow ride of it. Did a bunch of research on what the best all around cruiser type bike was out there and decided that the Roadliner series of motorcycles was it. Found this one an hour away, a one owner 06 with 4,800 miles for $5K. Damn bike is practically new.

[​IMG]

Kyle Brosius and Sabre699 like this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ooops…….. 72470B3C-1ED7-449D-9510-4C0520B2E923.jpeg

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

How cool is that?

[​IMG]

Britt likes this.
  16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I SAID: IT MUST BE LOUD!!!!

dave3593 likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Yeah...and with an unsprung rear and the seat right on it. Comfortable undoubtedly.

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

upload_2022-4-23_9-35-45.jpeg This, all day every day over that hideous blue thing :moon::D

ChemGuy and racer_11 like this.
  19. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

upload_2023-6-16_11-16-39.jpeg

I just bought this. It was an impulse buy. I like vintage stuff too much. I am not sure how much I'll use it or if I should but I think it is cool.

It is a 1966 Norton Atlas 750. It was turned into this period chopper in the mid 70s. As you can see it still has the Norton frame that has been raked and other mods. I believe the paint and such, represents British choppers of the era. It was built as such over 45 years ago.

I will likely put a better brake on the front. It might get shorter fork tubes but I will keep it so it could always be put back to this old build configuration.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    ducnut likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Looking at that makes me want to seek therapy...

...for you. :D

britx303, sdg and dave3593 like this.