1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jan 18th sign up-2023 Loudon classic $250k payout

Discussion in 'General' started by tech1234, Jan 13, 2023.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i'll see you guys there tomorrow

bergs and Gecko like this.
  2. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

388 Racing?

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Is that place any safer than what it looked like it was 20+ years ago on TV?

4. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Craig post anything up on FB or YT for something like three weeks now, since the Q&A with NEMRR staff. Pretty sure if he were doing something, he'd want everyone would know about it. :D

5. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

From a TV point of view, probably doesn't "look" any safer, unless you happen to notice all the airfence that has replaced the spare tires that used to line certain crash areas. I've been on that track now for 24 years, 20 of which have been spent racing, and I would say it has definitively gotten a lot more safe in that time period.

Once a Wanker.., 27 and 418 like this.
  6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

7. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

thx, forgot about that app!

8. Irate

Irate Member

9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

short answer: yes

it's still super bumpy with no run-off in some spots. they've fixed some corners that were ugly as well as moved the barrier out further in T10.

27 and 418 like this.
  10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

outside of some more air fence I think it’s the same… I’m a huge track safety advocate and I was there once working for a team partner while injured, and from watching, I knew I’d never race there… to each their own…

Mladin boycotted it and Duhamel didn’t and paid the price back in the day

418 likes this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

cool, glad they’re trying… I know the locals have it dialed and their riding is likely high consequence more than high risk as Alex Honnold calls his climbing :D like IOM guys I suppose

12. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

May I ask, what year was that?
    I think I agree. Well put. But I do think the track is more safe than 20 years ago.

27 likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

so so long ago… I have to remember that injury and what I was riding… let me think

I relied to another but it’s cool they’re improving safety…

for me coming back into the oval makes it a “no” for me… I don’t think they can fix that… for me…

and SN64 rode my bikes a bunch and I understand the way the locals ride it and their defense of it as a home track… I’m that way with Grattan, some think it’s dangerous, I think it’s super safe, although there and Barber are the only two places I’ve lost a bike in a guardrail, uninjured both times.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

418 and 27 like this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

If they live stream it and it works like it should MotoA should hire those people. :D

Once a Wanker.., A. Barrister and 27 like this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I was a Miggy fan (his racing, at least) but he fucked up that day and tried to go for a flying lap
    when it just started sprinkling. It was a bad choice.

27 likes this.
  17. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Damn, looks like there are showers passing through the area already.

Knarf Legna likes this.
  18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Looks like today's races were shortened to 5 laps after a long wait to get underway.

19. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

A friend just sent a screenshot of 27 riders with their lap times from a practice session.

Top 10 ranging from 10.9 to 12.5.

MA riders are throwing it down for sure

20. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Yeah, I couldn't (and still can't) get a sense of what's going on. Did somebody get hurt in MWF40? I was watching timing and they got to the start of the 2nd lap, then red flag but no restart.