1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 7 | Sachsenring | Germany | June 15 - 17

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 12, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Are those trans models?

R1M370, KneeDragger_c69 and 27 like this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

f’n Motion :crackup::crackup:

as I’ve always said nothing and I mean absolutely nothing good came out of the 80s

it is in Miami and I don’t know what the chances are back then but you must :D

he was from Norway and worked for the cruise line who bought that Bimota and put him on the track…

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

now “Lola” is stuck in my head… “he knows he’s a man and so is Lola L O L A Lola”

he’d laugh his ass off at this too

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Racing a Bimota.

A man of means!......

kirk erlinger likes this.
  5. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I was stationed in Germany in the mid-80's when the Dollar to Mark exchange rate was very favorable. I could've bought a Bimota DB1 for about $6000.00. It would probably have been the sorriest looking Bimota on the planet because I'd have raced the crap out of it. So maybe it was a good thing that I didn't do it:rolleyes:

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I don’t know why Honda doesn’t put Taka on the bike as their test rider. Bradl is 2+ seconds a lap slower. He can’t push the bike to know what’s wrong with it. I bet Marc is gone next year even if he wins this race.

R1M370, Yzasserina and 27 like this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

for the first time I’ve ever seen MM93 was critical of Honda last weekend talking about all of their crashes… maybe I’ve missed it but the writing is certainly on the wall now…

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

And Gigi said he wouldn’t come over if not on a factory team. I don’t believe that as long as he would have a factory bike and full factory support.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

"Pedro Acosta has confirmed his intent to move to MotoGP for 2024 with KTM having until Friday, June 30th to offer him a 2024 seat within MotoGP, otherwise, he can listen to offers from other manufacturers"

Source: Everything Moto Racing

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

So they screw Remy and Raul by bringing them up too early and pulling the chute on them, and now they want to force Pedro to stay down another year. Is it because they learned from the Remy/Raul situation, or is it because they're terrible at managing the rider pipeline.

In any case, they have a pickle on their hands, and Honda must be licking their lips at the chance to potentially sign another MM wonder kid that can ride their shit pile.

CRA_Fizzer and BigBird like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They shit-canned Remy too early for sure, but they didn't bring him up too early. He had a lot of years racing GPs, and he won a championship.

27 likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

well saying he wasn't on a Ducati probably didn't help his case

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Franco Morbidelli at German MotoGP amid Mooney VR46’s interest: “We always had a Plan B and C…”
    " Yamaha have the “control” and “say” over his future - but he has other options if they axe him....Mooney VR46 interested in acquiring Morbidelli for 2024, if they lose Bezzecchi"

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1028813/1/morbidelli-vr46-s-interest-we-always-had-plan-b-and-c
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Repsol Honda rider [Marc Marquez] was seen in the paddock last weekend at the Italian MotoGP.... with Shinji Aoyama (the No2 boss in the entire Honda company) and Koji Watanabe (HRC president).

Notably, team manager Alberto Puig was not involved in the meeting where Honda’s star rider aired his thoughts to two hugely influential figures."

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1...marc-marquez-told-honda-bosses-secret-meeting

Quicktoy, Razr and cbush like this.
  14. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Even though Honda is struggling bad, Mir has been an epic disappointment. HRC should bump him down to Taka’s seat next year and put Pedro on a 2 year deal to get mentored by MM93. The prospect of losing Marquez and Repsol oil money in that transition year might finally snap someone in engineering to humble themselves.

BigBird likes this.
  15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Nice try at reinventing actual facts… At Cota he was about .5 of second slower than Taka and that’s a long ass track where the gaps between the riders are normally larger than at more normal (shorter) tracks…

16. Riot

Riot Well-Known Member

The main issue IMO is that Ducati is just outspending everyone. They are fielding more bikes, collecting 4x the data, and you can bet spending 4x as much on the back end in off track development. Gigi is part of that, because you have to pay enough to get Gigi. They also have a deep field of pretty competitive riders = $$$. Ever since the VW buy, the line has gone up!

The only factory in the same league of spending is KTM, which considering their investment, should be closer in results. Aprilia is has always punched above their weight, but their spending is nowhere close. Being clever is awesome, but clever alone is unlikely to get them there, except maybe a fluke.

Yamaha and Honda are just playing the same game they always have. Perhaps they are in denial, perhaps they are playing the long game (race results only equal sales to a point that they well know), or conversely (most likely) maybe their MC sales don’t justify more spend in racing - in the typical corporate negative feedback loop that always leads the bean-counters to stuff the company.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
    BigBird likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Where did you come up with this stuff? :D

18. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

I like it. But, no way in hell would Marc “mentor” anyone.

Letitsnow, bleacht and 27 like this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

exactly, never ever

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hopefully, Acosta is smarter than leaving KTM for Honda right now.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
    27 likes this.