1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IndyCar

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Danica....plus 2xitb.

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Sherly Muldowney can argue with that. She has national pro championships, at least. I don't discount any of that other stuff about Danica. But, in the history of all American Motorsports? Motorsports includes drag racing.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The Janet Guthrie story is a very good one. She impressed a lot of racers on track.

quikie likes this.
  4. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

Best female racer of all time: French rally ace Michele Mouton, factory Audi driver and regular winner in a very competitive period.

418 and quikie like this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Intersting.

6. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Including Pikes Peak in ‘85. I was there.

Paddy O likes this.
  7. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Shirley..was awesome. I got her autograph in 1977 when I was a kid..I still have it.

I also got Don "the Snake" Prudome.
    Tom " the Mongoose" McEwen &
    Don Garlits.

Used to see her hot pink dragster and rigs around Covina California.

That was long before drag racers made any kind of real money I think her net worth/earnings are around 4million.
    Not bad for being the bad ass drag racer born in the late 1930s ..I think actually 1940 she was ....awesome to watch ..near perfect launches and astounding reaction times.

I watched her at the Winter Nationals I'm pretty sure she won the championship that year in 77 when I went and I think I saw her win it again there in the early 80s.

Drag racing was awesome then ....it SUCKS now

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Why does drag racing suck now? The performance of all of these cars are astonishing. Brittany Force ran a 3.665 second run at 338 miles an hour last year. Most tracks have open pits, and the drivers don't mind talking to the public. And you don't have to be a banker to go to the races, unlike F1.

TLR67, CRA_Fizzer and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Good points all of which merit discussion.

Unfortunately, it's irrelevant bc apparently she came in second in the championship Not sure why I thought she'd won it.

Either way Danica was more accomplished in IndyCar than Katherine, and without the championship I wouldn’t put her in the discussion.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, this certainly has been interesting so far. I wonder what else they have in store for Q3. :D

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I rarely like street courses, and this one I just can't get into at all. No passing unless you bump your way through. Pallou is on a roll.

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This track looks horrible.

brex likes this.
  13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

It's going to be a demolition derby.

brex likes this.
  14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Turned out to be a fairly entertaining race.

15. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Certainly not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's amazing they don't have more crashes there. Them boys are on the edge the whole time. They sure bump wheels a lot. I'm still not crazy about that track, it's like racing down an alley. And once again.....Graham "Crybaby" Rahal shows his ass....

ungwaha likes this.
  17. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

The Belle Isle circuit was/is better.

ungwaha and brex like this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Agreed. Still a street circuit, but night and day better than this downtown course.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I agree. This track looks like racing down an alley, and so bumpy i think they got air in a couple spots. Im surprised there weren’t more crashes. Typical Rahal, wrecks on his own in a blind corner, someone wrecks into him and he made moves like he was going after the other driver… official stayed with him… doosh.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Road America was a much better race than expected. The new asphalt provided much better racing than predicted. 444 passes during the race…Palou is on a roll.

418 and rd400racer like this.