1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR

Discussion in 'General' started by kangasj, Dec 2, 2021.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Then Napcar suspends its most popular driver right before what is indubitably going to be a monkeyfuckinafootball cluster fox of a street race in Chicago.

They seem to have bullseye on top of their shoes.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Goodyear Nascar tire blowouts ended a few drivers careers, and a couple deaths. They kept pushing the limits. They had to do something.

3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

3200lbs @ 3GS for 2-5 seconds a lap on a short track compared to 1500lbs @5gs for 4 seconds…
    Wonder how close the actual load numbers are. Bet cup cars are well under three at most places except Bristol.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Who's death did Goodyear cause?

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:Pop:

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

So you're going off what happened in 2014 as opposed to data from last year .

8. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

noles19 likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah Kenny Irwin,Adam petty. Etc were stuck throttles ...

JBall likes this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

No, I’m going off data for the last 10 years, probably more. They had to do something because the tires would not hold up to extended lap racing. You know the racers will push the limits, the cars are too heavy and people were getting hurt. NASCAR originally blame this on pressure from Fox sports to make the racing more exciting. But the tire theory came from a car owner personally. I even heard one of the race announcers claim they went to stage racing for more yellows because the tires would not last. And we all know NASCAR will not come out and blame this on Goodyear.
    I think it has damaged the racing. You can do well all year and have the championship wrapped up, but if you’re not a good bumper car driver in the last race, you will not win the championship. That’s why Joey Logano has two championships under his belt. He excels in bumper car racing. Ass drivers like Truex and Harvick what they think about it. Over half of the championships under the stage racing were won by a driver that did not score of the most points all year.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Their lack of confidence in the tires is why they have a silly Competition Yellow around lap 20…. To inspect the tires and predict future tire. We’re at that track on that day. The last road course race they did not have stage racing because the tires were turning left and right.

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Well since you're good with old data

https://buildingspeed.org/2014/08/08/required-vs-recommended-tire-pressures/

And I guess it's a bad thing that they throw completion cautions in order to be pro active .

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

They can address the problem, not kill the racing. This problem has been around a long time but has gotten worse lately. Spend some money to lighten the cars, have they tried that? Well they did knock off 100 lbs with this next gen car. This car doesn’t crash well and dissipate energy… ended Kurt Busch’s career.

14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Seems like there's plenty of ways to get em in for more tire changes. Or shorten the races. Or go to real racing with heat races and a sprint race main event.

Heck get em on dirt! In sprint cars of course!

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

[email protected]

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

The dirt race they had was ok.
    If you read that article , it brings up a good point : Pressure Sensors

17. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

It’s OK to not like NASCAR, to each his own, but you haven’t gotten anything right. The road courses have stages for scoring but they discontinued the stage breaks for a couple reasons;
    - takes forever to follow the pace car for multiple laps on a big road course
    - the stage breaks put everyone on the same tire and fuel strategy which hurts the show.

JBall, cincigp and G Dawg like this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I actually like Nascar, most of the time. I just don't like stage racing, and neither do the drivers. At COTA, they did not stop the action for stages. You can believe the media if you like, I heard it from Tony Stewart that the reason for staging was the Goodyear tires not holding up at many tracks....they had to do something. All of his drivers hate it also.

chickenpants likes this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Last race of the year, 4 drivers going for the championship. Hope they finish in this order....
    William Byron
    Kyle Larson
    Ryan Blaney
    Christopher Bell
    Two Chevys, one Ford, one Toyota.
    I'm so glad Denny (the Weasel) Hamlin didn't make it:D

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I work with a guy who can look at any picture of a NASCAR race and tell you which track and what year.

He always gets the track right and is rarely off on the year. Total Rainman shitte.