1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round 2 - Barber 05/19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, May 5, 2023.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's silly that it is this last minute.
    The clarification isn't silly though because somebody figured out that without a minimum stop in the pits you could just do a ride through and make the race on one tank of gas and set of tires possibly. Not as fast as winner pace but it seems doable to do it none the less.

2. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

A mandatory stop with no reason to stop other than the fact that it's mandatory seems beyond silly. They should at least have to change the rear wheel/tire, so it's not just a bunch of people standing around looking at stopwatches.

KneeDragger_c69 and 5axis like this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

True. If they make the rule correct it will be a mandatory tire change but we'll see what happens

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The fast teams will all be changing tires, at least the rear if not both. Those guys can smoke a tire in a few laps at qualifying pace. Most teams will likely add fuel as well, to avoid running heavy at the start of the race. That is why there is a minimum pit intervention time. No point trying to run the whole race on one tank of fuel even if you can.

The fun part will be the strategy. Do you pit just after mid-race to maximize the tires but still have a little extra life at the end for pushing that last lap? Do you pit later and hope for a red flag so you can do the fuel and tire change outside of the pit window, thus reducing the risk of an oops? Do you come a bit early if you are stuck in a pack and want some space to run your own pace? Drafting isn't really a thing these bikes at Barber, so that part is very different from Daytona.

Once a Wanker.. and motodog650 like this.
  5. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Weather forecast hints at the possibility of that race starting wet and finishing dry. That would be even more interesting, strategy wise.

Once a Wanker.. and 2blueYam like this.
  6. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Tier 2. Far end towards T1.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Is Kayla back this weekend ?

8. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe so

Banditracer likes this.
  9. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

10. 2blueYam

Enough talk of horses and divorces, Twins Cup is about to take the track!

Early days but looking like 4 riders pretty close in SS, but Hayes put in a lot of fast laps without a pit stop. Should be fun. For SBK, the Duc was in the hunt right off the bat, so could be a threat again this weekend, unless rain messes up their set up time.

evakat likes this.
  11. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Is Live+ working for anyone? It's been stuck on a rotating loop of 2 camera shots and a green screen backed up by AC/DC for idk how long now.

grapemustard likes this.
  12. Stretch

Stretch Well-Known Member

Same for me. Now I have a new loop with the Barber logo and a new song.

grapemustard likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always takes a bit to fire up on Fridays.

Ah okay - Twins Practice is out and the first show is supposed to be JC Qualifying so looks like they're running behind at the track.

14. 2blueYam

Central Time folks. They are pretty much on schedule Live plus starts at 1PM.

condon66 likes this.
  15. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Schedule I see on IG is "all times eastern." Must be a bit behind as Mongo stated.

grapemustard and Boom like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed - however the Live+ schedule specifically says EST - which comparing it and the event schedule is obviously not remotely correct so yeah, everything will need an hour added to it.

Boom likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, someone screwed up. Just looked at the event schedule and it matches :crackup:

condon66 likes this.
  18. Stevem

Stevem Well-Known Member

I received this from MotoAmercia a few minutes ago.

It looks like our schedule was typed up with the wrong time zone, we are going to get it fixed right away. The first event live streaming will be at 2pm EST (Junior Cup Qualifying). Thanks for your understanding!

Rising likes this.
  19. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Yes, and kicked ass in P1!!

20. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Freaking Mesa! :bow:

voss555 likes this.