1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or will you buy one?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, May 9, 2023.

Tags:
?

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or would you buy one?

1. Hell Yes! It's gotta flippin Auto-Blipper.

2. No way, No interest, 600 money, too heavy, my wife's...

3. I'm looking and getting the next one I can.

4. I'm a "Feeler, Dibs kinda Guy" just show me the results, so I can live vicariously.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Why the Duke and not the SMCR?

yokohama1 likes this.
  2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

3. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

I did not do the original build but either bike would have a number of challenges to make it into a somewhat competent road racing bike.

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I bought a new FZR 600 in 1992. MSRP was 4,999 and I paid 4,299 from East Living Yamaha in Rome GA.

Jon Wilkens and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

like @Spooner I’m noticing way more newer bikes on the road out here as well. The used prices in California are fucking ridiculous. Used dealers are asking almost original sticker for 2006ish to 2012ish sport bikes from the main factories. Just ran across a private seller ad in offer up for a beat ass knockoff repsol fairing 600rr with 42K MILES for 7k!!!

in short I think the new zx4r will sell. New bikes are going for way above sticker here. Even low mile current decade 3-400cc’s are going for 6-8k used.

cbush likes this.
  7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

You're the one that wants to be in CA. Just picked up a super clean 2008 Tuono with 9k miles for $4500. Book on it is $5900. Brand new tires and brakes, never been in rain. And I only had to pay 5% sales tax.

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Got one. Going to street ride a bit this weekend and see what it's like.

9. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Agreed - people have lost their minds and the used market is insane. I think many of them are sitting for months at those high asking prices though.

10. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Dang if i can't find the article (Lance Oliver from Common Tread I think?). Anyway... out of top 10 new motorcycle model registrations in 2022, at least SIX are Harley Davidsons. Blows my mind.

This old Rz likes this.
  11. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Awesome!
    Mine's sill at 0 miles, minus a hundred heat cycles here...I suck.

12. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

upload_2023-5-18_12-47-17.png $32K is a lotta cheese...
    Few grand more gets you the 8C
    [​IMG]

flygirl, Lawdog78 and yokohama1 like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The 600 was still a faster machine even if the 4 was tricker to an extent.

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Oh, no doubt.

15. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Ouch! $2900 for me off the showroom floor in September 1992, Portland, Or. I went with red, white and black, but they had a pink and yellow Vance & Hines replica for $200 more. It wasn't my cup of tea, but I kinda wish I woulda sprung for that limited edition.

And I don't care what anyone says, my FZR 400 was faster, because, alumineeum.

16. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

I might buy an old ZXR 400, does that count? :)

418 likes this.
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’m significantly faster at njmp on my fzr400 than any of my 400/600’s I’ve raced there. Don’t know what else it could be other than I’m an odd one for sure :p

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Those are quite nice. I rode one around the TT course many years ago (not racing)

CJ likes this.
  19. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Easy Living Yamaha is still there. I lived in Rome 96-2000. Nice quirky town.

Once a Wanker.. and ChemGuy like this.
  20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I got mine in April of 92. I guess by fall they were getting rid of the leftovers. Nice snag.

Edit - I think they threw in a Nolan helmet for the ride back to Ft Bragg.

I did get almost all my money back when it was stolen a few years later. New bike prices were way up so the used bikes were holding value.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.