1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question RE: closed circuit video/audio

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, May 15, 2023.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Since the beeb has been a source of esoteric knowledge for over two decades, I have elected once again to return to the well...

The mini-blonde is getting married next April. The blonde women have jointly determined that the wedding will be at our house. We do not have a single area in the yard that will accomodate the estimated 80 people that will be in attendance. With that in mind, I opened my damned mouth and said we sould be able to set up a camera and "broadcast" the vows to two or three good sized TVs to allow guests to sit at their tables and drink while they watch the service.

I need som assistance in determining what I need in a bit more detail than the folks at BEst Buy have so far been qualified to discuss.

Toe, this may be a good one for you.

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Get a GoPro and do a live stream over youtube, then put each tv on the youtube stream. :D

MrGooch, BigBird and BrentA like this.
  3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Use a cheap camera like a gopro knockoff, take the HDMI out of it (live video feed) into an HDMI splitter and run HDMI to the TV's
    If the cable lengths are over about 40 ft, you'll need some extenders that convert HDMI to run on Cat 5/6 and will give you 200-400 ft (depends on extender)

Other option is to use camera's HDMI into an ATSC modulator, then run RG6 coax to TV's That should give you more distance from camera to TV if needed.
    I've never tested if the gopros send audio on the live HDMI feed. and their sound may not be appropriate, so you might need a couple of laviler(sp) mics and a mixer.

Any decent local event AV company should be able to set you up with rental gear and appropriate tech support.

Ken Roberts, BigBird and bullockcm like this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Could I do it with my Nikon D5600?

5. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

It has wifi and hdmi. You should be able to use it. Someone smarter than me will have to chime in.

6. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Make sure you have a power adapter plug to plug it into a wall outlet. Dont think the batteries may cut it.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Find a black market supplier for positive covid tests and produce one to the blond women three days before the nuptials.

You're welcome.

:D

smooth and Razr like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That would be too late. The money would be gone. We offered to pay her to elope.

BigBird and auminer like this.
  9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Maybe. Test it. Some DSLR's aren't designed to do live video for long periods of time. They'll overheat the CMOS sensor if left running for long periods (>10 minutes or so) Some don't have any sound facility, so you'd need separate sound pickup and/or distribution. Check the manual, test it and see what you get.

Test it with a monitor/TV that has built-in speakers to see if the sound is picked up/carried with the HDMI signal.

BigBird likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thanks all.

11. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

If I was in your shoes I would be inviting Beac to the wedding and have him take care of the A/V stuff. Problem solved!

Banditracer and BigBird like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You never invite a guest who wants to upstage the bride…. ;)

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So that only leaves you out.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I’ve learned from my mistakes. I don’t go to weddings anymore. ;)

R Acree likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

My oldest daughter's getting married in Oct. and she's eloping. She told us a couple months ago that she's actually getting married a few days before on the top of a mountain so just a reception, no ceremony. I don't get to walk her down the isle but she still got a dress that we paid for. Says she's going to wear it twice, during the actual ceremony and again for the reception.
    We'll see how it all turns out.

Razr likes this.
  16. Ken Roberts

Ken Roberts Active Member

This is very good advice.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not big on the trappings of a wedding. Her fiance is a decent man, treats her with respect and we get along with the future in-laws. The ceremony is fluff that most will forget , a few will bitch about one thing or another and I will be glad it is done.

Sabre699 and Razr like this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Same here, I always say the bigger the wedding the shorter the marriage lasts. We like the guy, he's a hard worker, has a bike, his dad rides and runs a car garage and the mother in laws get along. Plus they've already given us our first grandchild to spoil.

bullockcm likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have a good buddy, we've been riding together on and off since the days of the GPz 900. He also loves shooting and flying (owns a couple planes).He has three daughters, so there is no shortage of estrogen in his house.

Anyway, his middle daughter is serious enough about the guy she's been dating that they went to TN to meet his parents. Guy is a Marin fighter pilot, has an Aprilia, and the shooting is a given. Not a bad checklist for a potential son-in-law.

Banditracer likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

The gopro footage is pretty amazing in quality.