1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new reason to win the lottery...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, May 13, 2023.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

How did they manage to pack 3200 lbs of shit into that tiny of a frame?

Saiyan66 and 418 like this.
  3. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah it would be better with a smaller more compact and probably lighter LS motor.

4. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

No shit. A 69 Camaro weighs 150lbs less, and there is no aluminum or carbon fiber to be found on it. And the engine is all cast iron.

5. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

John DeLorean packed the body panels with the finest imported Colombian agricultural products?

Pixelator and tony 340 like this.
  7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So buy a Miata then.

NTTIAWWT

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

GMA T33.

Lighter, by a LOT. Prettier. Faster. More exotic. Higher quality. Much better sounding.

D969CE49-6F59-496A-8C4D-8E796B244230.jpeg

Senna likes this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

And only 2 million more dollars.

rice r0cket likes this.
  10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

We ARE talking lottery money, here. Haha.

Senna likes this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

As for those of you Bud Light drinking, skinny jeans wearing cross dressers who don't understand why an AC Cobra must have a big Ford V8, I hope that the ghost of Carroll Shelby pisses in your soy lattes.

WIslowpoke, scottn, Phl218 and 11 others like this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

To each their own, right? To me, that looks like someone tried to improve the looks of a 959...and failed. :D

KneeDragger_c69 and brex like this.
  13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Any of you taller fellas ever ride in one of these kit cars ?

Always wanted one been debating selling my z06 but its comfy for 6'3

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That thing might have great power and handling, but it looks like a 1990 concept car that thankfully never saw the light of day.

15. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

The original Cobra w/steel frame, aluminum body panels, and 427cu in Ford V8 was 2300lbs. What the heck did they do to that car to make it so heavy? Touchscreens?

ducnut likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Cop shocks... Cop suspension... Cop motor...

17. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

Stretched it so a normal height person can
    I've never driven one but looked at one a while back. I'm 6'. There was no way I could drive it any distance.

Notice this one they stretched the wheelbase to give more leg room for taller drivers.

18. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Hells no, you want a Cobra replica go with a Kirkham Cobra, 2400 lbs or lighter depending on the chassis option. Brushed, polished or painted aluminum, or polished copper if the mood strikes.

MrGooch likes this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Current federal safety regulations.

stk0308, dtalbott, brex and 1 other person like this.
  20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I could be an idiot… but even if I had fuck you money I couldn’t just buy a brand new super car. I’d like have to buy a wrecked Ferrari or something at less than half the price and put some elbow grease into it to make it 100. at least then I could justify it being worth more than I bought it for. Because damned if I’m gonna buy one that is some special edition that will appreciate “with time” and not drive the fuck out of it. I’m not a collector of things. I use them. like usually the first thing out of my mouth when I see a bike or car I love is “damn, I’d love to wreck the fuck out of that thing” basically meaning I’m going to drive/ride it like it was meant to be. Call me crazy.

MikeR, zertrider, ungwaha and 2 others like this.