1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or will you buy one?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, May 9, 2023.

Tags:
?

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or would you buy one?

1. Hell Yes! It's gotta flippin Auto-Blipper.

2. No way, No interest, 600 money, too heavy, my wife's...

3. I'm looking and getting the next one I can.

4. I'm a "Feeler, Dibs kinda Guy" just show me the results, so I can live vicariously.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

2. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

What was OTD? $12k? (based on the outrageous numbers I heard when looking for a Husky 401 Svartpilen)

My local central NJ dealer got theirs but haven't uncrated it yet. Apparently a buyer with another in reserve. They didn't even bug me for my contact info so probably not lying.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I'm still undecided. I like the idea but passed on the first one that came into a friend's dealership. They have sold it sight unseen and are un-crating it now. I'm going to take a look at it. I had the Vulcan Right of First Refusal on that one. He has another one coming in later in the year that I will also have first dibs on.

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Appears the ones that made it to NH have all sold. Still none have made it to Maine that I'm aware of.

5. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Graves is making over 80hp in SS trim.

regularguy likes this.
  6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Er... they've said they've hit 80... but haven't said how yet...

7. SeventeenRR

SeventeenRR Well-Known Member

11.7-11.9k for the 9 I called, and then the dude in PA wanted 13k cause it was “so new”. Purchase order is MSRP, + freight and setup, and MD tax @ 6%. Certainly no deals on them, but they’re not slapping $1k “dealer fees” in either.

Mike Fennell and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

They were already making 76 with a slip on and a flash. I'm sure a full race exhaust with a good map will get 80hp.

SeventeenRR likes this.
  9. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

10. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

This seems like a really stupid gripe, but dear God I hate axle adjusters like that on the "budget" bikes.

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Kawi is teasing a new supersport for 6/6. Any guesses?

12. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

upload_2023-5-11_12-8-32.png

13. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Sounds like he's running the Isle of Mann on a 600, when the speedo only says 70mph:rolleyes:

YamahaRick and britx303 like this.
  14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Not.Helping. :cool: :D

15. SeventeenRR

SeventeenRR Well-Known Member

Updated zx6 for WSS homologation.

16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

17. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I stand in (squishy) solidarity! Just because I can't breathe when I zip up my 12-year-old one piece doesn't mean I want to ride a bike that's even slower than I already am.

Shenanigans likes this.
  18. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Just to clarify my earlier comment on the 400's frame. I have nothing against either steel or trellis frames and even own examples of each. Nor was I saying it won't work well. It very well may.
    I only meant that upon seeing it in the flesh, the frame was one aspect that made me go from "shut up and take my money" to "meh, it's okay, but.. no." As always opinions will vary.

Truth is I was overjoyed at the prospect of a modern 400 I4 as I have a long standing obsession with small, interesting, lightweight bikes. Unfortunately, for me, that new 400 is neither.
    Sure, 80 HP is nice, but in a bike that's the same size and weight of a 600, with entry level components..... I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Again, YMMV. I hope Kawasaki sells all of them and am sure the new owners will be extremely happy with their purchase. But as for me it's a "No, my wife won't let me". Sadly

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

And... decision made for me, local dealer took a deposit on the one they have allotted, never said anything to me.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

In sharp contrast to "I don't care what she says, I gotta have it!" Gladly. :D
    BLYJ3ANV35HFDFRJRSUO4YDMVQ.jpg

AJ, Sweatypants and noles19 like this.