1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knee replacement

Discussion in 'General' started by motomadman217, May 21, 2017.

1. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Well I'm 7 weeks past dual patellofemoral replacement and don't have enough ROM back to get on the race bike yet without insane pain levels. So, I'll be missing the first NC round this year. Recovery has been a mixed bag. Walking more than 30minutes sucks, but I was surprised cycling is a piece of cake already. If you get it done and PT gives you the option of doing RBF (restricted blood flow) training, jump on that. It's super uncomfortable but I was amazed at how quick quad strength has been building with pretty basic exercises. Back to stretching...

Attached Files:

• bfr2.PNG
      bfr2.PNG
      File size:
      301.2 KB
      Views:
    JBall likes this.
  2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Had a hip replacement in November and rode this March with no issue. The knee replacement folks I saw at physical therapy had a way slower recovery time.

3. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

I had a knee replaced on halloween and raced in march, no issues, took a few more months to get full range of motion, mostly it just felt strange.

4. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

That’s good to hear your rom kept improving. Being tall I barely had enough range to fit on a race bike before surgery so if I lose any I’ll be done for. Or maybe have to switch to racing modards. :)