1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bookkeeping - quickbooks or?

Discussion in 'General' started by gixer1100, Apr 9, 2023.

1. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

those of you that do your own bookkeeping, whats your thoughts on quickbooks, or is there another that is better?

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ive been using it since 05 in my business and think it’s pretty good. Also accountants are familiar with it to go over your books.

gixer1100 likes this.
  3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yep, no sense getting more complicated if you don’t need it.

gixer1100 likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

When I was self-employed, I used QB Online. It has some differences from the PC version. However, a couple advantages are being able to remotely discuss things with an accountant, together on the phone, from anywhere. And, the accountant can monitor things, as you progress through the week, month, and quarter. Come tax time, the accountant isn’t bogged down with a huge pile of crap to sort through, because everything has been continuously/correctly worked on, throughout the year. It’s sort of like having a full-time accountant on staff. Super advantageous.

I had taken a comm college course on QB, but, the course didn’t teach to a specific accountant or business. It was very basic. When I initially got up and running, I sat down with my accountant, with a notebook, and he showed me how things needed to be entered, billed, paid, etc, so it was easier on him (less billable time to me). Doing this, made my bookkeeping effortless for both of us. I highly recommend anyone else to do the same.

gixer1100 likes this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Quick books is all most businesses need up until >100 million in revenue.

“If it ain’t broke”….

gixer1100 likes this.
  6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

THANKS!!

7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Getting caught up so you can file your tax return, @gixer1100?

:Poke: :beer:

8. backho

backho Well-Known Member

QuickBooks changed my life for the better. SurePayroll also is a lifesaver. I can’t imagine being without them now.

9. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

7a457f3e60ef5011.JPG

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Quickbooks is terrific, but if you do your own payroll, they want to sell you an updated withholding schedule every year.. around $400. It’s not really needed but they like to automatically charge you for it. I would use the same one for 5-6 years. I don’t think my employees cared that they paid $2 more in federal withholding.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I had nothing but problems with QB Online . Every time there was an update, it totally screwed my products categories . Had a hell of a time switching back to Desktop.

ducnut likes this.
  12. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

QB has changed. You can no longer buy the software for $180 and use it for 3 years. You now have to pay $700+ a year for the desktop version or $80+ a month for the online version

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Last renewal $586.06

14. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

looking ahead lol...more the wife than me - i am not as good at the whole looking ahead thing lol.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

My business is easy accounting - paid to me and then out to my contractors in lumps - so I'm no expert in QB deeper features. That said, giving my accountant access to qb online means I send a couple bank statements at tax time and that's it. My personal taxes are actually a bigger pain to organize for them.

ducnut likes this.
  16. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

We've been using Quickbooks since 1997. We hit the "soft cap" of 17,000 customers and/or items and/or vendors years ago and had to "upgrade" to Quickbooks Enterprise, which costs much more. We still use the same company file we used in '97, but if you were to start a new file every year you'd probably never hit the cap.

Attached Files:

ducnut likes this.
  17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I bought QB (not online) years ago. Also bought another computer just to run it. I am not updating anything, been running like that all this years :)

Boman Forklift likes this.