1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the heck is going on with AHRMA?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, I'm good.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Do you currently race with AHRMA?

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

You will never kill roadracing with that kind of attitude!!!

backbone and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

[​IMG]

dave3593 likes this.
  5. They have always seemed to have a group that caters rules rules to certain people of groups of people with influence over them. From a far it does not seem like some of the rules they have made throughout the years were for the greater good but very good to the ones they were tailored around. Also appears they won’t even think of a rule change if it’s going to upset the influential apple cart. Air cooled Ducatis come to mind…

Once a Wanker.. and SundaySocial like this.
  6. Powervalve

Powervalve New Member

Yes. I do.

7. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

I've raced with AHRMA some for the last 6 years and the main result was convincing me that WERA will always be home. WERA is a professional racing organization - that says it all.

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

So I saw some posts where it was claimed both that AHRMA was in financial trouble and good hardworking people were being let go or leaving, making things worse. Am I the only one that thought "well... duh. financial struggle tend to lead to 'restructuring' of leadership?"

FWIW, I don't have a dog in the fight and don't honestly. But as an outsider, those posts had me a little baffled. And frankly, Mr. Rutherford's posts strike me as the most convincing. Call it lawyer speak or whatever you want, but it sounds exactly like he and some others inherited the sins of their predecessors and are trying to course correct but simply can't make everyone happy. Again, just my .02 as a complete outsider who knew nothing of any of this prior to this thread.

Yzasserina and YamahaRick like this.
  9. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Hard to argue with that, Jim.

I for sure have no interest in starting a debate about the various strengths and weaknesses of both orgs, but one absolute that you can ALWAYS count on is that when you go to a WERA event, it will be safe and professionally run. WERA has always been a feeder league for pro racing and that professionalism has always been one of their biggest strengths.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Bring that FZR to Tally this weekend!:D

RZ Racer likes this.
  11. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Exactly, AHRMA may have one event, you can drive too/wanna attend,,, WERA has 5...

12. Patman623

Patman623 Active Member

I suppose this is as good a thread to re-introduce myself as any. There was a quote from me few pages back saying, “That was the last straw. WERA here I come.” I’m that guy. Actually, here I come again. I raced WERA in the ’09 and ’10 seasons on my V1 / 500GP Triumph Daytona 500. I blew that bike up at the 2010 GNF at Road Atlanta. I raced both AHRMA and WERA at the time. For the time being, I’ll be racing WERA only. I’ll not fan the flames of this thread. I’m happy to explain my thoughts privately. It’s not really WERA business, which is why I find the thread so puzzling. I’ll leave it at that. I’m still racing that trusty old ’67 Triumph T100R Daytona. “Trusty” is not a term typically associated with old Triumphs. But here we are. Three years ago I was offered a ride on a 2010 Thruxton and I’ve fallen in love with that bike. So, I’ll see ya’ll in Clubman Expert on the Thruxton and V1 on the old Daytona. See you at Cycle Jam, if not before. Cheers. Patman

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  13. RZ Racer

That’s exactly what he wants you to think.

The truth is very different, but I’m not going to be the person to spread that manure all over here too.

Come by my pits next month at RRR and I’ll be more than happy to bend your ear.

14. RZ Racer

Waiting on a clutch and some heavier springs. It will be ready at RRR next month!

rd400racer likes this.
  15. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

So RZRacer what's your thoughts on providing instruction just before VMD? Private me or facebook or whatever.

16. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Cool. What's your name and what classes do you race? I've never met any racers from Pontiac, Mi.

I typically race WERA, but have done a few AHRMA rounds here and there over the years. We ran their Pro Challenge a few times at Barber which was pretty fun. Seeing a bunch of current and former pro riders ripping on twins is cool to see.

17. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Some things never change! I never really used to care about the Jeff Smiths, Rob Iannucci's, or the rich guys who didnt like being beat by far less expensive bikes. Still don't - but my gosh it is embarrassing and amazing that people behave like this. Like a buncha entitled kids in a sandbox. I can only imagine what Tim did this time to stir the pot! Funny ridiculous stuff. May I ask someone? Where are we now?

18. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

Well, Ed Bargy just resigned as starter, based on "professional differences and other topics of concern" (quote from his FB post this morning). He then notes that safety is and has been his top priority. The number of highly qualified and capable people who have resigned lately on the road-racing side suggests an organization heading for a rough landing. We still haven't heard about Ed's resignation from AHRMA (evidently he resigned last week or early this week) or about who the starter will be this weekend at NJMP.

418 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

I have been around to see all of the turmoil with AHRMA over the years and this certainly sounds like uncharted territory.

20. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

This is why we can't have nice things.