1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do in Austin TX?

Discussion in 'General' started by socalrider, Feb 14, 2023.

1. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Hit the downtown, 6th street stuff I suppose. Supposed to be lots of good live music. I've been in the general Austin area 2 years now and I stay away from Austin proper as much as possible. There is Zilker park, the river, Ladybird lake, barton pools, and Lake Travis further away. Nice walk and bike paths there but might be over run with homeless these days. I haven't been there since 2019. SRV statue is there. You can rent bikes and pedal around if you want.

As mentioned, eat BBQ. Terry Black's is good. I've had Coopers at another location and it was OK. Salt Lick is really good and I think Stubbs is down there somewhere. If you can, Look up Valentina's. Short ride down to Manchaca but amazing BBQ. Torchy's tacos is decent and a local thing.

You can go down to the Range at Austin and rent guns. They advertise you can rent/shoot full auto. I think PBR rodeo is happening this weekend up in Cedar Park. If you want touristy stuff there is the capital, innerspace caverns here in Georgetown. As mentioned fredericksburg is cool. Also some distilleries around Bee Cave and Dripping Springs I think if you are into that. Should be plenty to do for a few half days.

Enjoy!

sharky nrk and socalrider like this.
  2. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

sucks, i live 5 minutes away from salt lick. not even in the same league as franklins or terry blacks.

sharky nrk likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Go Kick in Joe Rogan‘s studio door

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Good info thanks. The wife and I are flying in Thursday morning for the moto gp and I was thinking about trying one of the famous bbq places before the crazy weekend kicks off.

5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Buccees fuel sucks. The stuff inside is wayyy overpriced. And I stop there all the damn time lol

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Abusive relationship, eh?

Sign Dern up to that!! Not me though im still recovering...

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’ve got daughters. That’s all the abuse I can handle anymore.

8. bncadvr

bncadvr Well-Known Member

Bucees has ethanol free gas, which is why I like them.

9. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I’m seeing on social media last night and this morning that a bunch of dipshits did a street takeover to drift their cars around an intersection and then backed the cops down. Hopefully you didn’t get caught up in this Socalrider.

socalrider likes this.
  10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

We didn't. Last night we went to Dai Due on manor Street for dinner. Was amazing. I had Nilgai tartare and wild boar confit. Then walked around that street for a couple hours and checked out east side of 6th Street before returning to the hotel.

wsmc42 likes this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Cooper's Old Time BBQ