1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Apex is worth it? My shield fires and goes where I want but it’s like they put gravel in the trigger . I definitely don’t like it so I don’t shoot it but with a new trigger maybe I would

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I second the Apex series of triggers. They have a duty carry version that cleans a lot of the unnecessary trigger slop. They also have do it yourself installation videos

Triple X likes this.
  3. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Very much so!

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Obviously, you remove the extractor plunger so you can fully seat your optic's screw. :D
    (Don't do that)!

BTW, why does this Dagger look like a Glock? I was thinking about stuff the other day and it occurred to me that the only original gun designs I was aware of that have been prolifically copied/licensed/mimicked were Colts, H&Ks and maybe a S&W revolver and the Winchester lever. Has Glock finally made it to the big time...or do we wait until a manufacturer with a little more clout produces a copy?
    If the internals here are not what a Glock looks like, nevermind... It seems Glock still has a ways to go. :crackup:

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You should venture out from that rock you've been living under once in a while. PSA knows what's up- they know that cheapasses like me want their cheap plastic guns to actually be....cheap.

Thought it was funny a couple nights ago I counted 3 different tv shows/movies that referenced "Glock 19". Not sure if they're getting paid, or the Glock is the poster child for evil black "high capacity handguns"

6. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Im a tightwad and just bought the Apex sear and polished the firing pin plunger. Worked wonders. Have an Apex plunger and sear in another gun and it's even better. Trigger and sear in yet another and comparing all, the trigger itself was the lowest improvement, but still great.

Triple X likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

Pos'er, er, poster child. :D

8. I can tell you the Dagger takes Glock 17 mags. A G17 mag works perfectly in the Dagger (as long as the optic isn’t screwed in all the way :mad:).

Nick_OMC likes this.
  9. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I prefer the Overwatch Precision TAC over the Apex trigger. Much smoother and more refined.

10. Gigantor24

Gigantor24 Member

I've never been a revolver owner but the new colt pythons have my interest. Seriously considering a 3 or 4.25 variety..

4.25 would be a better shooter but man the 3" is sweet

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  11. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Me too except I want the 6”. Hell I wish they made it bigger, I definitely want peoples first thoughts to be “what is he compensating for?” when they see it. I’m never going to carry it so why not.

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yeah i feel like these are so sex that its gonna just be finger banged more than actual "bang". id just get what looks the best to you. Very sexy piece of machinery

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I'm really hoping there is sarcasm here that's just going over my head.

14. fastfreddie

The first paragraph, yup. :D
    The second, nope. It's what happens when I think...about Glocks. :crackup:

15. I just got one of the new FN 545 Tactical off Gunbroker.

18+1 capacity of .45ACP, optic ready, and threaded barrel (I already have a can for it).

If I like it, it might be my new primary bedside home defense weapon.

I was torn between the new 545 and 510. But I already have a can and 3,639,722 rounds of .45 ammo. The .45 makes more sense, especially since I don’t hunt. If I come up on a bear I am more likely to try to pet him than try to shoot him.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  16. deathwagon

You're doing it wrong :D

[​IMG]

redtailracing likes this.
  17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I'd agree except for the caliber. If you're going that short, I'd go fat, heavy, pistol caliber.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. I’ve already got a couple of Banshees, include one in .45ACP

608B005F-8BCB-47BB-9ECD-1F1B992DF7DB.jpeg

This one is 300blk

5C0DDDD8-9C21-4CCD-9331-1932E0493EB9.jpeg

sanee likes this.
  19. deathwagon

Then why are you saving the bedroom world with a little FN pea shooter?

20. I would rely on either, just depends on the situation.

The Banshee is over against the wall on the other side of the nightstand.

The bedside weapon (currently an XDM-Elite Tactical with Trijicon SRO, Streamlight TLR-7, Rugged Obsidian silencer, and 30 round mag) is sitting right beside me, 12” away. I don’t even have to sit up in the bed to grab it.

If I hear something and go investigating, I take the Banshee. If I get woken up in the middle of the night and have to immediately grab something, the handgun is quicker and easier.