1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steel Shoe 3 Hour

Discussion in 'General' started by Rdrace42, Jan 31, 2022.

1. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

more ice fun

Rdrace42 likes this.
  2. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

I really need to try this. I have a set of tires but no protective fenders. Really just want to find a course someone has plowed out on a lake to play around for a while, somewhere north of Milwaukee.

And I need to get someone to mount the tires. Mounting studded tires in a cold garage is not my idea of fun.

3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I know a group of guys riding at Lake Ellen near Plymouth (I think Sunday). Pretty sure they park at the boat launch on the north side. Fenders are only required if you're competing in AMA, but definitely highly recommended for the future even for play.

acorn27 likes this.
  4. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Well Lake Ellen is very close! I'll have to check it out, maybe go watch & hang out even if I don't get my tires on by then.

5. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

It has been a really weird 22/23 winter . Steel shoe canceled and southern wisconsin has not been ridable.
    I finally got the 500 out on our little pond up near Black River Falls. It is really small, but it was good to get a little slideways time.

23 pond ed.jpg

Banditracer and tl1098 like this.
  6. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

We've been able to ride every weekend, takes some effort though. Mosinee, Wausau, Weyauwega, Kaukauna, Fondulac, Koshkonong...

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Dude the conditions for us last year were CHERRY. This year... Total F-ing flop

8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Finally picked up a new ice bike, and have only had 1 weekend where I could ride. No decent ice down by me, so had to go up at least to Lake Ellen. The week is looking warm, and it might push the ice on Ellen past the rideable point. Incidentally, more and more lakes are getting locked out, due to homeowners associations. They're fine with boats, quads, snowmobiles, but bikes?? Evil!

5axis likes this.
  9. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I have been riding in either Keil or on Winnebago last few weekends. Always a big turn out on Bago.

10. voss555

Alot of action on Bago yesterday. Saw a hog and a zx6 out there.

11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Are the loading off the ramp on the east side, or by Wendt's?

12. voss555

Sunsets in Fondulac has a ramp by the oval or just west at the marina there is a ramp by the gp course.

13. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Cool, thx.

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I heard Kosh was perfect yesterday too

voss555 likes this.