1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro6GP Race Series @ Calabogie

Discussion in 'General' started by PPPope, Jan 22, 2023.

1. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

No-go in 2023. What happened?

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I see them on the Pro6 website? And $1150 for 2 days there in May?

3. micchael6

micchael6 Member

No more race series, it’s just a supposition but it coincides with the switch of csbk from Dunlop to Bridgestone and they were the distributor.

They still offer trackdays and there’s more complet week-end since saturdays we’re often for race.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Oh yeah race series! Duh?
    But is a 2 day trackday event with Pro6 at Calabogie really $1150 in loonies?

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

The big question is who will be the vendor supporting Warren from BStone with the actual fitting and tire transportation of the race tires. TBow isn't in that business as they are a powersports distributor first and foremost

6. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

That's for the track/race school weekend. The regular track days are priced differently.

7. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

As others said, that price is for a special 2-day school event. Most of the CSBK top riders instruct at it and get themselves laps before their season starts. Years past, that price also got you a random Tuesday trackday included.

Interesting point about Bridgestone taking over from Dunlop. I don’t think PRO6 minded which tire you ran.

Maybe grid sizes didn’t match the income generated from a regular trackday? Pro6 seems to have no trouble filling their days 6 months out.

8. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

The way Pro6 has collaborated with CSBK over the last few years, my guess was that they’d take over the whole series soon! Guess not. Best at doing what they’ve always done…fantastic lapping days.