1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

@Gorilla George I'll respond to this for you. :beer:

He has to keep you guessing as part of his master home security plan :cool:

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. I said "AR" as an easy way of saying shit that is not a handgun. :D

In that number I am including shit like the CZ Scorpions, Ruger PC-Charger, the Saint Victors, a Saint Edge, the Foxtrots, the CMMG's, the M&Ps, the IMIs (Uzi and Galil SAR), etc. Most of those are actually considered "Pistols" by definition. I think I only have 3-4 that are technically considered a Rifle.

But in the context of how many guns I can store in the safe, for the ease/context of how much can fit in the safe, I broke it up into 2 groups "handguns" and "ARs" but by "AR" I meant "everything else that is longer than a handgun".

I dont have any REAL long guns (Sniper rifles). I have never done any long range shooting. Thought about getting into it, but I like the action of running, rolling, jumping, etc and playing while saving the world. That is why I like handguns (and AR pistols).

3. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Damn, that’s going to be a lot of tax stamps.

dobr24 likes this.
  4. Damnit. Their shit worked. I grabbed that holster and the Foxtrot-2 light from Sig. :crackup:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Or one tragic boating accident

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Anyone have a Larue MBT-2S? Got one on the way to try out. If so which spring did you settle on?

7. No. It’s not real. Say it’s not real. I’m actually headed to local gun shop in about a half an hour.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I went with what made sense for my usage, after focusing on the safe's attributes like fire rating, locking mechanism, etc. For what I have, mostly long guns, I didn't want them to be tripping over each other in the safe while they were being removed/returned from/to their spot.
    A safe's layout has a lot to do with its capacity so, as far as the capacity you'll need goes, count your guns and double that number - that's the size range you want to look for.
    Now, find that size in a safe that won't melt your plastic guns in a house fire, get ripped open with a prybar and weighs enough that it won't easily walk away.
    Once you figure that out, then look at the shelving/rack layouts. Quite a few manufacturers offer options in that regard.
    Dig deep on the info when researching so you can cross off a lot of products from any list you might be making. If it's not a real safe, it's not real security. There's a lot of not real security for sale.
    When you say F*ck Me! at the prices of real security, consider the value of what it is you're tying to keep safe.

9. From what I gather they are relatively new. In that Sig just started carrying them recently. Dont know if the local gun store will have them. But you can always order them from Sig.

10. FN now has a 545 Tactical and 510 Tactical (.45ACP and 10mm respectively). Threaded barrel, suppressor height sights, high capacity.

Shit.

11. Did anyone here pick up one of those IC380 guns that looked like a phone case before they went out of business?

'Cellphone Gun' Maker Ideal Conceal Shuts Down :: Guns.com

Looks like a cool concept. I can see why all the anti-gun nutjobs had a problem with it, but still, I think it is cool. I read that another company picked up the rights to it and plans to go into production this year. I will get one if they make it.

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Any chance you could send that to me? That would be nice to keep track of my pieces.
    Thanks

13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I usually use the the lighter spring that it comes installed with and not had any issues. I've read trigger reset issues cured by the heavier included spring.

14. What are yall doing for magazine storage? Give me some ideas.

I see magazine storage boxes on Amazon and some look nice, but they hold like 25 mags or some shit. I am looking for a solution to store hundreds. With the only real stipulation is that I need to be able to see the bottom of them. I always use a white paint stick and label them "XD45", "LS-Edge" etc. As long as I can see the very bottom of them, anything will work.

I like this:
    Amazon.com : Case Club 60 Pistol Magazine Waterproof Storage Case : Sports & Outdoors

It can hold 200, but it only holds magazines that are 5" in length. If it was deeper, this would be a good solution. Anyone know of something like this that is deeper?

Edit: I see there is a foam pad on the inside of the top. I bet if I removed that it would give me another inch or so of clearance.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

16. I am at work. Can someone measure the length of a typical magazine (say 17 round). How long are the OEM magazines for like a Glock 17 or HK VP9 etc.

That thing says it is only capable of holding magazines that are 5.25" long. Off the top of my head, that doesnt seem like much.

17. Perfect :crackup:

18. Yall are too slow. I went ahead and ordered it.

If nothing else, it will be able to store all the magazines for the Compacts and Micro-Compacts. Maybe if I remove the top foam it might store some of the others too.

19. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

glock 17rd mag is slightly shy of 5 inches

Gorilla George likes this.