1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup | 2022 | Qatar

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Noted...nerd. ;)

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The penalty kick that lead to the game tying goal was bullshit. They were just trying to keep France in it. Glad they lost. Too bad it too so damn long.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was a fun game to watch and as I know everyone will bitch about the refs - I like how they did it. Let a lot more slide than I expected and called the stupid when they had to.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well that was a perfect ending to a great tournament. I watched every single game! I need a nap!

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yes but who won?.....

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some Sloppi guy and his team or something like that. I'm on to watching the new kid QB for the Falcons.

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh and major props to John Strong and Stu Holden for their commentating throughout. I felt like they were up there with Karun Chandhok and Paul di Resta in F1.

8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The drama… there must be snipers in the stands.

tl1098 likes this.
  9. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Best WC final that I have watched. France almost won it in the final minute before PKs. The Argentina girl flashing after they won the game was hilarious….my wife was amazed at my ability to spot boobs in a crowd, I keep telling her I’m a Subject Matter Expert on them lol

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

well the first penalty was bs so I am happy the ref was consistent

11. henry_carlson

great world cup in terms of upsets and craziness. Happy for Argentina and specifically Messi. They certainly had an easy road to the final. I am upset we didnt get the Brazil v Argentina semi's we all deserved. anyways......... back to club football. I am so happy as I am constantly struck just how poor the quality of international soccer is. also, the mid - season middle eastern world cup was terrible. so many top players injured and from what I heard (had 3 sets of friends attend), the in-person fan experience was poor, boring, and quiet

G2G likes this.
  12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

13. Robin172

Pretty difficult to have fun if you're wondering what's likely to get you thrown in jail.

henry_carlson likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

henry_carlson likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

closest thing to a soccer thread

upload_2023-1-4_11-29-17.png

16. henry_carlson

lol and hes an old fossil who the game has passed by

hes not necessarily wrong tho, many players / coaches in many sports feel this way. kids are famous by the time they are 12 with 1 million followers and a bently

BigBird likes this.
  17. Robin172

Mourinho or Lampard?

henry_carlson and BigBird like this.
  18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

yes
    Mourino always looks like he's been sucking on a lemon while someone told him his dog died..

19. henry_carlson

hahaha both. Ill give Jose some credit, Roma atleast get results and tammy / dybala are fun to watch. However, the most interesting thing about Everton is Iwobis' SnapChat

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

What about Brentford the other night! Gakpo can't get to Liverpool fast enough