1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonneau covers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Woodsrider

Woodsrider Well-Known Member

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Thought I’d update this. I ordered one of these and installed it a couple days ago. I’m blown away by how nice it is for the price. Fits perfect, seals well, looks good, blah blah. It’s every bit as good as the Truxedo I had on a different truck.

Highly recommended.

Black89 likes this.
  3. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

I'd stay away from the Paragon....great idea, horrible quality/execution.

Retrax or Roll-N-Lock in that order. Comes in around triple that $500 mark, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Vstate60

Truck? Eh

[emoji56][emoji56][emoji41][emoji41]

5. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear I didn't give shit advice!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The only bed on the Mega HD is a 6'4"? I did not know that. I'm sure the 1500 is the same?

7. Vstate60

Get a GMC & these worries are gone. So is the biggest worry no one has mentioned: The truck is made of steel instead of the same materials the can of Busch light in your hand is made of.

Cheers!

8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you but Chevy is testing aluminum for the next gen Silverado and Sierra. It's only a matter of time until Dodge follows.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Except in the 1500. Gm doesn't offer a long bed in the 4 door or crew cab versions of the 1500.

10. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

I have one of these on my Tundra: http://www.pace-edwards.com/bedlocker-electric

Bought it used (destroyed) for my project Tundra. Had to rebuild the electric motor and paint it. It was a pain in the ass to redo, but it's worth it. Keeps everything safe/secure when parking in the city, and rolls away with the click of a button (I do not have the remote).

11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I'm considering one of these. The 'built-in RES™ rail expansion system can quickly be outfitted with racks to carry your recreational gear,' is appealing to me.

Researching how I'll set up my new truck for multi-purpose bicycle and motorcycle adventure touring travels.
    Will likely be towing a small camper or toy hauler some of the time.

12. Once a Wanker..

How much bed space does it use up, when open? Product info. is very poor on website.

13. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I have an Undercover Armorflex on my truck and love it. It’s a hard tri fold that can be opened all the way for full bed access. When it’s opened, it doesn’t rest against the cab, which is a plus. It’s got a LineX coating on the exterior to prevent scratches.
    I did a ton of research before buying and was set on a Bak, but there are loads of bad reviews on them, from product quality to customer service.

14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Truxedo, Lo pro... can be off the truck entirely with rolling up, and releasing 2 push/pull levers. gives you the convenience and "security" when you need a cover, and the ease of removal, and reinstall when you want the whole bed. Oh and... holy 5 year old thread resurrection Batman! Ski

15. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

the box in which the cover rolls into takes up about 10-11 inches.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So since this popped back up - I put a Bak Flip on the new (to me) truck. So far loving it. Really liking it not being soft and not taking up 8 inches of the front of the bed like the Dodge one does.

17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I’ve had a Bak Flip on my F150 for about 170k miles. I’d buy another.

18. Once a Wanker..

Thanks! I am leaning towards one of the brands I can remove.

I don't always follow rules, but I DO know how to use the search function on here...

19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I put this one on my truck about 4 yrs ago, still holding up great and easy to install. Works if you just want something simple to hide what's in the bed. Rolls up out of the way easy. It's been through Texas summer and 3 Wisconsin winters and still looks good.

Attached Files: