1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog pictures

Discussion in 'General' started by sheepofblue, Jul 19, 2022.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What was the Vet Tech taking?

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Suck it!!!

3. 03RumbleBee

03RumbleBee Well-Known Member

B7EC4098-0DDE-4DE3-B45D-FDE828D5E868.jpeg

Our Great Danes: Daisy, 2 (white) and Dudley, 9. 280 pounds of lazy.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Finally some dogs!

5. VT701

VT701 Member

We unexpectedly had to say goodbye to Ellie this weekend. She had a heart condition, which we were treating. We took her to the emergency vet thinking they'd watch her and adjust meds but she deteriorated rapidly and by the time they checked her out she wasn't going to make it through the night. Heavy but I'm glad we could be there for her at the end. She was a special one. Ellie.jpg

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

VT701 likes this.
  8. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Dogs love us so fiercely and unconditionally.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

RIP Ellie

VT701 likes this.
  10. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

My boy Clipper - we had to put him down over the summer. He had a good, long life for a greyhound. He would have been 13 last month. He was the Olympic athlete of the family - all muscle and purpose-built for speed. He was being trained to race at a track in Arizona. The track shutdown due to economic reasons, and we were able to adopt Clipper as just 1 year old. Normally, you get a greyhound around 2-3 years old and with all of the issues associated with emotional and physical trauma from having been a racing dog. So, we were fortunate to get our guy before all of that, and he was fortunate to not have had to experience it. He did come from a very strong pedigree; mom and dad were consistent race winners. He was always one of the biggest greyhounds when we'd take him to greyhound-specific events.

Greyhounds are known as the '45mph couch potato'. Clipper was basically the laziest dog you'd ever meet. Greyhounds are 'sprinters' and not 'distance runners'. A lot of people assume they're hyper dogs because they're so fast, but they're the complete opposite.

The second photo is him with his little brother, Aries. Completely opposite in every regard, but the 2 best buddies ever. Aries is getting up there in age these days, and sadly, it's pretty obvious that he sorely misses his big bro as much as the rest of the family does. My 4.5 year old son - despite me being pretty honest about it - still thinks Clipper's absence is temporary and that he'll be back someday (ugh).

Miss you, Clipper!

Picture 4.png FB_IMG_1502672177275 (2020_03_17 17_14_15 UTC).jpg

03RumbleBee, Sabre699, backho and 4 others like this.
  11. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Recent photos of yellow lab of 14-15 years(closer to 15 years or older now, lost track of time)............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

One Benefit (?) of a long term relationship with the Vet and his team... LOL.
    Stella (aka Big Butt) is a 116# female rescue.
    They also do Pro Bono work in Baja/Tijuana, so smile & laugh, when you can...

VT701 likes this.
  13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Here are our two little rodents. They were helping me work on a radiation audit in this picture. As you can see our house does not have a "no dogs on the furniture" rule. My biggest problem with them is when I get back home after being at work for 2 or 3 weeks I need to reclaim my spot on the bed...:crackup:

poeandpiper.jpg

14. rhinorsv

rhinorsv Well-Known Member

First one is my boy Titan (4yrs) always on alert.

2nd is our girl Lila (6years) on alert as well when those kids at the elementary school behind our house get too rowdy.

Attached Files:

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This pleases me like you can't even begin to imagine. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

<3 :( !!!! :( <3

17. SpeedyE

Beautiful little Baby <3 Little angel <3

18. SpeedyE

:( :( :( <3 <3 <3 :( :( :(

19. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

My Winston.

Attached Files:

Yzasserina, CBRRRRR999 and Sabre699 like this.
  20. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Mom (Butter) and daughter (Jelly) from about a month ago, when we had leaves instead of snow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]