1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More riders?

Discussion in 'General' started by sheepofblue, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Every single North Central WERA round I attended in 2022 had a practice day involved. It was either put on by (I'm assuming AMA at VMD?) Or the local track day org. They all went really great aside from a slight snafu with N2 at PITT, but they were really respectful of my concerns and ended up changing their minds in my favor, which was extremely appreciated considering how the rest of that day went...

So to Mongo's point, theres realy no benefit at all to hosting a "practice day" before the race weekend.. especially if there already is one..

2. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

The best way to get more riders on the grid is make the transition from street or trcack days to racing as easy as possible. Those that are on the fence will do it if the transition is easy. I think the majority of TD orgs now have a race school and provide a smooth transition. There might be an untapped grouped of future racers at off road and mx races that could be targeted. I don’t think there is much else to do.

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Email wera to verify, but when I did it they had me send a renewal form with "lifetime" written on it somewhere with no payment. I was somewhere around 15 years but with a few short gaps.

KNickers likes this.
  4. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

When I got into racing in 2009, it wasn't because of "bigger purses or free entries". I just wanted to race!! It also helped that half of the season races were at my "home track" (Jennings).

Unfortunately, Jennings quit having races soon after and my bank account also LOLed at me... But dang was it fun while it lasted!!

Sabre699 and sheepofblue like this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

'Sup Laird?

6. rohorn

rohorn Well-Known Member

Gino230 and lopitt85 like this.
  7. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Haven't seen a N2 day on a Friday that didn't have N2 Racing, Twisted Speed, or Army of Darkness there.

Michael Hausknecht and mpusch like this.
  8. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Or slower liter bike racers

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  9. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet once more you're bitching about it and still not a single reason why that is not a viable response.

Or answer this - why should we keep trying things that don't work?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly I dont think so, email me and we can check on your stuff.

12. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Don't sell yourself short. I'm the poster boy for mediocre talent and failure to learn the correct way. You CAN get faster and you CAN win races at (almost) any level. The only thing that matters is commitment. And you have to have alot.

Trainwreck likes this.
  14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't think this works.

Our race org down here in FL, PanAmerican (AKA FMRRA) is ALSO our only track day org. Same people, same process, same tracks. The track days are sold out and the race series continues to muddle along with mediocre grids (not bad by todays standards, but tiny in comparison to the "old days" of 2005).

Some people just don't want to race. Others will figure out any way they can to race.

The cost comparison by lap doesn't hold water for me- what are the quality of those laps? I get that some like the more laid back schedule or ability to skip a session. But to me that just reinforces the above- you either want to practice or you want to line up!