1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Stealth Bomber Unveiling Tonight

Discussion in 'General' started by IrocRob, Dec 2, 2022.

1. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

The new B-21 being uncovered tonight at 8:00 PM EST - should be some cool looking tax dollars at work.

Search " B-21 " for plenty of links or just click this one:

https://www.dvidshub.net/webcast/30624

2. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Probably cool. Wonder what it does better? Coworker of mine flew B-2s and B-52s, cool stories. Great pic of him dropping a B61 (inert of course).

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  3. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

"Stealthier" than ever before! :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Of course! Probably costlier than ever before too!

R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Bets on how many years the B-52 is flying after this one is retired?

Let’s see, that is how many bombers the Buff has outlived?

6. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I'll sum it up.

Blah blah blah blah. Here is the front profile. Blah blah blah blah.

Have a great night

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The B2 had (IIRC) the same radar cross section as the eyeball of an eagle.

Meaning... it appeared as though something the size of a pinto bean was flying through the sky, and if your radar was capable of spotting it at 100 miles away, well, fucking Bravo Zulu.

I can't imaging what the holy hell this version can do better enough to warrant the beeeeeeeeeeelions of dollars it cost.

8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I ever understood the rational behind unveiling new generation weapons of war. keep that shit secret and fuck shit up.

9. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Hell, all we need is a bunch more B2s without the stealthy coating...its a great dump truck that can rival the B52 but it's a pig for maintenance due to the LO coating. I love my B52 and was blessed to have worked the airframe for 15 of my 24 years in the USAF. Fighters are cool...but bombers make policy. lol

Gino230, stk0308, CBRRRRR999 and 2 others like this.
  10. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

There is plenty of shit we don't know about. Its all good.

tiggen and YamahaRick like this.
  11. prm

prm Well-Known Member

RCS (or ability to see something) also depends on the sensor doing the searching. There are many sensors…

auminer likes this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yeah... and directions from which to sense...

prm likes this.
  13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

It can go plaid.

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Serious question to ponder.....if the government is "unveiling" this to the public tonight and all it's "advanced technology"....... seriously, ponder what they actually have access to right now that they can't tell us about.

Jon Wilkens and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. sdg

sdg *

I would bet what they are willing to show is at least 7 years old and probably operational most of that time.

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Mass production and widespread deployment. If it’s secret then your production scale will have to be small, you won’t be able to use most of the industrial base, and you won’t be able to deploy it widely.

You can also only spend a limited amount of money if you expect to keep it secret. The contractors who build it are public companies and the government budget is published, you therefore have to disguise the money.

I’m sure we have much more advanced tech with very unique capabilities, but we’re not doing it on a huge scale.

Exactly. But we’re not producing it at large scale because even the United States can’t hide $100 billion+ programs.

cortezmachine likes this.
  17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Makes sense.

‘Merica! :flag:

18. Not bad, would be trick if it could go camo and park in a Walmart parking lot.

dtalbott likes this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"STATE OF THE ART!!!"

[​IMG]

can anyone remember the movie....80's classic.

stk0308 likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If you want it to blend in at Walmart, you’ll need to paint one wind green and the other red, and the landing gear will need gaudy hubcaps.

Oh, and a gun rack in the back winder. :D